Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

a little help,

Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Spike

Default a little help,

I live on 5.5 acres in a mostly wooded area, mostly pines but hardwoods to their are corn fields behind my property but cant hunt them, wondering if anyone had any ideas to attract the deer to my property
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Default RE: a little help,

a big ass bait pile, corn apples sugar molases
Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would hunt the edges of the fields. The deer will stage late in the afternoon before they go out in the fields, just look for the trails and these areas.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Spike

thanks for replying im trying the bait pile, im setting up on the corn field owners niebors propurty so i should have some luck hopefully
Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM

what you need to do is go to walmart or somewhere and get come corn or a block of salt and put it right off of a trail and come back to that spot and check it in like 2 or 3 days.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

WHile there is no food per se on your property, it sounds like it may be a valuable bedding area. It also may be an area where they go to breed during the rut. Look the area over closely for beds and spend a day or 2, all day out there and see what comes through. Are there any trails , even light ones cutting through?