Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer Cane!??

Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Cane!??

Never tried Cane so if it doesn't work go with Buck Jam. Acorn, Apple, or Persimmon flavors. I've already gotten many deer with it this year.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

I would say it might not be the right time of year. In the spring I notice they crush it. I have a big hole in the ground where it was poured . This time of year I noticed no use at all.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

supplement only. I put it on stumps and rotted logs. As it soaks in they lick the wood absolutely smooth and start to dig under it for the caine. If you read the directions it is a long term deer atraction, but you needto keep refreshing. So a lot of people just use the salt blocks as they are cheap and not high maintenance. Buck Jam usually gets quicker responses because of scent as an attractor. they will lick it up.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

The deer will be more active at a mineral lick from April through September. For a new lick, I like to put it out in March, so they will find it by April. They will visit the lick in the fall and winter but I don't hunt over a lick.