Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Cabelas Seed Mixture

Old 06-22-2008, 05:27 PM

Default Cabelas Seed Mixture

Has anyone ever used Cabela's ultra forage seed mixtures? It looks like they have some great mixes, but I wasn't for sure if they are worth buying or not since they are not a reputable seed company. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Seed Mixture

We tried one of their fall brassica blends and it turned out as well as any other commercial late season blend we have tried. I think they sell a decent product and you should expect great results.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM

I planted Cabela's Ulti Forage a few weeks ago, plants seem to be doing fine. When I was at camp 2 weeks ago, rain was limited. Last weeks we received a lot of rain, so When I'm up next week at camp, it should be doing very well. I planted the Cabelas blend next to a mix of Biologic LabLab and Tecomate Upland Bird Game blend. Wanted to see if there was a difference in seed growth production and palability to deer. Time will tell, but I'm sure the blend from Cabela's is just as good as WTI, Biologic, Tecomate, Antler King and Evolved Harvest(which i've used all). To me, its more import to have your pH right and provide plenty of fertilization twice a year. (some blends need it in spring and fall, some in spring at planting and then 45 days later). Times a wasting, better buy and plant that blend if you plan on utilizing it this year!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM

I plan on getting my fall plot started in August. This way it is ready come bow season.