Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Mid MIssouri Food Plots....HELP!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Mid MIssouri Food Plots....HELP!

Well I live in mid Missouri, along the Gasconade River on the Phelps and Pulaski County lines. I have a field in mind that is about 15 acres and want to plant a food plot that will draw deer in both the early and late seasons. I want to plant beats/turnips for the late season, but what should I mix in with it for the early part of season to keep them comin in. Our Bow seasons starts on September 15th. What and when should I plant to achieve my goal? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mid MIssouri Food Plots....HELP!

You might conscider forage beans as they will stay green longer andif they produce pods be an excellent draw late winter. Another way to attract them in early season is to plant legumes just before the season and the deer will hammer them just as they come up.