Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 My new disc (with pictures of course) >

My new disc (with pictures of course)

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

My new disc (with pictures of course)

Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My new disc (with pictures of course)

I figured a disc picture would be as good to you guys as a hot chick at an archery shop would be to the bowhunting forum.

So, don't get all worked up over it:

I know it's small but my food plot is too. I'll also be planting clover around my trails on my land. the previous owner did that and the clover is awesome right now (I just bought the land in november).
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Default RE: My new disc (with pictures of course)

RackLuster that looks nice. I would appreciate some information on your disc. My soil is very rocky and sandy. Do you think this would be able to break it up?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

What kind of ATV do you pull it with? I'm curious.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an '06 polaris sportsman 700 efi. It should pull it no problem, I've heard they're pretty easy to pull.

The disc is a kingkutter atv disc. it's only 33 inches wide which is what I wanted. I liked this crank up model better then the flip over ones because you don't have to unhook it and flip it over to transport it.

Here's a link:
http://www.kingkutter.com/WholeGood.asp?item=ATV%20Disc
It's $469 at fleet farm and $522 at tractor supply. i had tractor supply match fleet farm's price since they were closer to home.

As far as rocky soil goes- i'll tell you saturday. I'm spending all day tomorrow up at my land and will try it out for the first time. I can't wait to give it a try.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only concern to me would be if it would hurt the transmission, etc, of the 4-wheeler. We burned up the tranny of a new Polaris a couple of years ago pulling a drag harrow. Have you talked to your dealer about the use of implements?