Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

C74 ffeeder timer

Old 12-31-2002, 01:18 PM

Default C74 ffeeder timer

Anyone have experience with this? I'm trying to determine how big to make the gap between the opening and the spinner to make 100lbs of corn last about a month. It says a 3/8" gap will distribute 1lb of corn twice a day, which will give me 50 days. However, I'd like to feed a little more, and refill about once a month.
It's going on my property in MD, so experimenting with it won't help me much, as I only get down once a month in the off season.
Any help would be appreciated.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 12-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: C74 ffeeder timer

Assemble the feeder at your house and put in 20 or so pounds of corn. Take a small bucket and put up over the spinner and set it off for a cycle. Weigh the amount of corn in the bucket and adjust the volume flow accordingly.

Old 01-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: C74 ffeeder timer

6pt,
Im guessing that the c74 is the type of feeder you have. Im not familier with this one. I am guessing also that it is a photo eye that you cant set when it goes off or the amount it throws. Is this correct?
I can tell you that you need to watch how close the gap is becouse if there is any garbage in the corn it can stop you feeder up at the neck.
If your feeder is a photo eye you can get a digital timer that should work on it from motrey. I dont like them but the timer is reasonable and works good. Just do not like the feeder.
If you want a better feeder try the Ontime feeder. I am sold on these. The price is right, good quality, adjustable in several ways, life time guarentee....just a great feeder. You might want to look at it before you do all the adjustments.

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.