Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer herds looking good!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Deer herds looking good!

Went out spotting tonight and Im pleased with what we saw.

4doe
2 buck
2 fawn

The bucks just yearlings. A 4pt and a spike. But I know whenever rut rolls around we have some bruisers crusing around here. The one I have my sights on and Im holding out for is a 10pt with a 18+ inch spred. I have seen him the past 2 yrs I know it wont be easy getting this boy. But Im up to the challenge. Ive decided not to harvest any doe from my herd this year unless I see a doe thats either past her prime or injured. Now that Im getting more into deer management and will be supplemental feeding and planting food plots I dont think we have an overpopulation in doe like the state says. How is all your scouting going everyone?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer herds looking good!

I'd say it's going pretty well here as well. When we aren't getting the farm ready for the season we've been spending the evenings just glassing the plots. Saturday there were nearly 40 deer that came out and atleast 15 of those were bucks, atleast 8 of thos were P&Y class animals. I tried to take some pix using my through my spotting scope but I just couldn't get any decent shots. I'm ordering the camera adapter for my spotting scope soon!! By the time the larger animals entered the field it was to dark to even attempt any photos through the spotter but we watched them until just after 9PM.

It would have been really nice if this one would have came out well. He was a massive, dandy buck

Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice pics! you look like your set
Old 07-22-2007, 10:45 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

wow