Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Finally farm inprovement,,,,lime!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Finally farm inprovement,,,,lime!!!

Well finally after several year of fighting with my plots trying to grow stuff in acidic soil, I finally convinced my dad into letting a logger come in and do a very select cutting of some of our red oak. We have been having some red oak die and weve decided to have the biggest ones cut before they die. The logger wants to open up landings so he can load the logs, and plans to use a few of my smallest plots for landings, and open them up much larger, and open the canopy around all my plots, and with all the good coming from the cutting,, He will have the roads to all my plots opened up enough to get a lime truck to all my plots, so I should be liming my plots by late spring or early summer, and Im buying a 3 pt tiller tomorrow, and have recently bought a sprayer for the back of my four wheeler, I cant wait to see the kinds of plots I can grow now after all these improvements.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally farm inprovement,,,,lime!!!

sounds like a great chance to improve you plots - and habitat at the same time -

Post pics as the project develops.