Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 Odd Gander Mountain employee comment >

Odd Gander Mountain employee comment

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Odd Gander Mountain employee comment

Old 05-01-2006, 04:40 AM

Default Odd Gander Mountain employee comment

Last year my hunting buddy and I planted a patch of the Gander Mountain brand Adrenaline Forage. Basically a brassica mix. It grew well in a small back woods hole, and the deer really hit it hard after the first couple frosts. Anyway, thinking let's do this again, my bud goes back this year to get a couple more bags, and there is none. In fact there is no seed available at all. When questioned, a clerk tells him they no longer stock seed as it is illegal to feed deer in NY. Shouldn't their employees have some clue what they are talking about? Of course the sale flyer a couple weeks later features half a page of specials on different seed mixes.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Odd Gander Mountain employee comment

What's featured in a general sales circular may not necessarily be carried at all of their stores . A quick check of NY regs may also reveal that the employee in question is wrong , food plots are legal in all states last I looked , the reference to "feeding" deer may apply only to feeders and corn piles . Next time try a feed store .
Old 05-02-2006, 01:53 PM

The employee was in fact wrong. To the best of my knowledge NY DEC also prohibits the use of mineral supplements, and NY Gander Mountain stores never seemed to have an ethical dilemma selling those.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should have walked the clerk over to the other 1000 bags of seed in the seed Aisle and asked why they carried these - and not the one you were looking for.

They could probably order the mix you want - if its still available from the manuacturer. The clerk was just ignorant all the way around.

FH

Old 05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

geese i just bought a bag of seed today from gander mt. in Rochester new york
thats really wierd man
Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

pasag, Try checking out Biologic Maximium it is an all brassica mix. Like 6 or 7 brassicas or even try their Full Draw it has brassicas with alittle clover and some wheat but that mix worksbetter later in the summer with the wheat being in it. I planted 4 acres of Buck Forage oats and mixed in Maximium with it and it made for an awesome plot. Oats kicked in early fall and the brassicas hit hard after the frost. Dont be afraid to experiment.

As far as Gander Mt. goes dont listen to most of what they say. I worked there part time after my reg. job just for the discount and quit after 3 weeks due to lack of interest. They hire alot of people who know very little about the departments their in. Atleast here in MI.

Jason
Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 AM

My buddy returned there 2 weeks later and guess what? Shelves upon shelves of seed.