Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gander Mountain

Old 07-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gander Mountain

Not that most of you will care but they are building a Gander Mountain here in Huntsville, AL. No more long trips to Bass Pro Shops in Nashville. By the way...what is everybody's opinion of Gander Mountain? I never heard of it until the other day.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Gander Mountain

you will love it. we got one here 4 miles from my house 3 years ago and i dont buy from anywhere else. great company and great people.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 PM

I can't post my opinions here. But from my experience Great selection just no service.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:05 PM

I prefer to spend my money at proshops but i usually pick up stuff like scent products, grunt calls, etc. They usually have the best prices in town but the one where i live not many of the people are helpful. Whats good about them is they always have the necessities in stock.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one I go to is pretty decent.I get my arrow shafts,points and a few other neccessities there.I get most of my fishing stuff there,also.I bought a shotgun and rifle there a few years ago.I never had any problems with service-I've had them special order some items for me and always gota phone callwithin 2 days saying my items were in.I usually go in about 2-3 times a week-it's right across the street from my work so I go in to kill some time before work and I got to know some of the employees pretty good.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

For hunting stuff I go to Gander Mnt. For fishing I go to Bass pro cause they have more of a selection. The only bad part about gander is the price of there ammo. The guy there told me that the price of it has gone up 4 times this year.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i really dont care for them all too much. yes they have a good selection and things that arent seen at Dicks or Walmart etc, but they cant compete with Cabelas and bass pros popping up like wild fire. they fall between a Dicks sporting goods and a bass pro/cabelas. they carry a bit of everything. when i went it was after turkey and trout season. i went there for turkey loads and trout flys! lol. when i got turkeys and trout on the brain i like to get my gun patterned for next year while its still handy, and like to keep trout fishing or pick up flys that i want for next year. they do have a bigger selection of everything. nice store, i was just expecting more. the one i went to had pretty decint customer service. i asked about the stuff i was looking for and they were honest. told me i was past the season and wont see it till next spring. summer stuff, then fall/winter stuff. pretty seasonal just like Dicks or walmart. where i dont think cabelas or bass pro would be so seasonal. if i want turkey loads i want turkey loads dangit!! if i want turkey calls to start breaking in i want turkey calls!! thats where i think the bigger stores shine. im actually looking forward to going back to gander mountain. i bought turkey track decals and ran them diagnal across my back window of my SUV with dark privacy tint. looks good. now i want deer tracks going in the other direction so they cross in the middle and liked their product the best. a few guys i know have them but they dont look as good as mine.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:42 AM

no way they can compete with bass pro or cabelas but then again they dont try to. they are the middle men between those 2 and the dicks and walmarts. they have more stores then bass pro and cabelas though. gander is about 4 miles from my house and i have a bass pro about 100 miles north and another one about 100 miles south of me so gander is the best place for me around here.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:18 AM
voz
Fork Horn

I live about an hour and 40 minutes from a Bass Pro shops and made several trips there a year. Last year they opened a Gander Mountain about 25 minutes away...I was so happy!! Huntin' stuff...fishin' stuff...what more could I want? Well, now it's a year later and I realize that I buy stuff there, but, I buy a lot more stuff online. I buy more stuff online because that's where I find the "special stuff" that I want. If I need shotgun shells, no problem GM's got them...if Ineed a package of 10" power worms for the next bass tournament, GM's got them. But increasingly more (mostly the high priced stuff) of the things that I want, I find online, or in a pro shop. Game cam...GM doesn't have the one I want (neither does BPS)...gonna order the one I want ...online. My next bow (hopefully next year)...(those guys don't sell the one I want)...buying it at the pro shop. I'm glad the GM is right down the road, but they don't cater to me, they cater to everybody that does stuff in the outdoors. Usually I check there, and if they don't have what I want, I boot up the PC. Sorry for the epic.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Huntsville with TreeHunter and I think if we had our choice we'd definately rather have a BPS or Cabelos but we'll take what we can get right now.I also agree with what you said voz.Sometimes theirs just something specific you want and you just have to order it.The nice thing for us aboutgetting a GM is sometimes when you get a little extra cash you just want to go shoppping and blow it on some hunting stuff.Heck of a lot easier just go andpick it out rather than flipping through some pages and looking at some pictures.Especially clothes so you can try them on
Just my thoughts.
James

Quick Reply: Gander Mountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.