Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Round up ready sweet corn?

Old 03-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Round up ready sweet corn?

Is there such a thing? Last year I put in a small plot of peaches and cream, and it was a big hit with the family, and the critters, and the wife is buggin me to put more in this year. Had some weed problems last year, & I don't have a cultivator for my tractor, we planted it in rows using a push type garden seeder. worked good, but have issues with the weeds, and was wondering if they make a round up ready sweet corn? thanks, Scott.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Round up ready sweet corn?

i don't believe there is such a thing. my uncle raises a huge patch of sweet corn and he usually doesn't spray one way or another since it's going to be either relatively soon. this could just how he does it. normally he just cultivates the corn quite a bit as it's coming up and then lets it go. it makes it a jungle but you don't have to worry about eating pesticides and such.