Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: VIRTUAL HUNTING : for real. Controversy with a capital C

The system is not even set up and working yet, as far as I know. Even if it was, Texas Parks and Wildlife is all over this'n and I'm sure nobody will have an opportunity to kill a live deer over the internet.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah this would be dumb!!! I dont think it will happen but if it did...It would just be wrong!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM

Actually the first hunt was last week. I heard about it on NHPR. The first hunt did not result in a kill or even a shot being fired. The hunter was a young man who had been paralized in a diving accident and was finally able to hunt again via the internet over 1000 miles away.

IMO this sets a bad presidence. Who is liabel for the bullet that is fired? What if someone is wounded as a result of negligence or a camera dosen't pick up a hunter in orange behind the target?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4586255
Old 04-25-2005, 01:15 PM

i saw an interview with the 'owner/operator' and the rifle will only raise so far, or go so far left-right. so you can't shoot his house or something, or up in the air. its weird, but if i was paralyzed i would probably cry for the chance.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

to me thats not hunting, not even close, i'd say thats just killing
Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 PM

Its live-shot.com people have been shooting targets for a while on here. Animals have been paid for already check it out.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

I can see some real ethical values lost in that kind of scenario what kind of chance does an animal have in the realm of fair chase if he can not detect movement or smell of a actual live hunter out on a one on one environment.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

disabled or not, this should never be allowed...it's just not safe.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea that guy needs to get a grip on something besides his chicken. One of these get rich quick jack holes that can,t go out and earn a living. When this falls thru he will sit on his ass and have another brain fart. There are all kind of ways for handicap people to hunt. I have no problem with the target shooting deal. If that will float your boat then go for it. It would be funny if one of those computer geeks would hack into his program and get that gun to shoot him in the can when he is changing that target.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.