Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: VIRTUAL HUNTING : for real. Controversy with a capital C

Yeah i'm little iffy about this one...doesn't seem right [&:]
Old 04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i read about it in a hunting mag. and it just doesn't seem right one way or another. that just wouldn't be hunting in my opinion just killing. i don't think it would be right to allow this. but thats just me.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:11 PM

Thanks for that radio link, Adams. I did not know it had actually started.

I gotta tell you, I'm torn. It's definitely not for me, but if I were paralyzed, telling me I couldn't do it would be like a PETA telling me not to hunt. Think of the joy it brought that guy. He was even gracious about his miss. When I think of him, I want to see people have a shot at it (pun intended).

On the other hand, when I think of some lazy slob with nothing to do logging on, shooting, and mounting his kill, I want it banned right now.

I'm ususally pretty confident in my opinion, but I'm challenged here. Texas has had canned hunts with guaranteed kills for a long time. How different is it, really?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had to check to make sure I was in the bowhunting forum. Yep, that's where I be[&:]. What the hell does this have to do with bowhunting[:-]? Mods, please remove it to wherever it belongs perferably in the trash bin[:@]
Old 04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you don,t like the topic, than don,t respond.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't like you , the topic or the thread starter and don't tell me what to do[:'(]
Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

That shows your intellengce right there. I need to say no more.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:34 PM

Something for everyone here. I like Motownhonkey, the thread starter and the topic, wherever it is. Thanks for starting it and thanks to the mod for moving it to where it belongs.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:57 AM

I have no problem with it but it shouldn't be called hunting. I equal it to guy in the slaughter house who points the gun at a steers head and pulls a trigger. The animals are bought and raised for the purpose of being turned into dinner. It's not hunting and if we relay that message it won't be a big deal.

How about walking into a grocery store and pointing out which trout you what taken from the live tank. That's not fishing but no one is complaining about that. At Live-shot your choosing your steaks and chops on the hoof.

As I read their site, You pay for the animal and a guy is sitting in a blind with the computer and its up to him to release the safety before you shoot to ensure a clean kill. The animal is butchered and you decide to either have the meat sent to you or donated to a food bank.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Below is an excerpt from an article on the Texas Parks and Wildlife
website dated 4/7/05 about newly adopted regulations.

"The commission also adopted rules prohibiting hunting by remote control. This issue centers on the use of Internet technology as it relates to the taking of game animals and game birds. The new provision requires any person hunting a game animal or game bird to be physically present and personally operate the means of take."

Hopefully I read this right and webcam shooting of game animals
has been deemed unlawful.

PKnTX

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.