Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Getting your wife to enjoy hunting? >

Getting your wife to enjoy hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting your wife to enjoy hunting?

Old 04-25-2005, 05:28 PM

Default RE: Getting your wife to enjoy hunting?

Glad you see it from my point of view. No disrespect intended for the lady hunters out there tho. As for the pet issue - I finally got my dog (AKA talked my wife into letting me get one after 10 years of trying). A beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer. What a wonderful thing she is. Immensely trainable, wonderful watchdog, great with the kids and an insatiable appetite to hunt birds....we're still working on the difference between pheasant/grouse and chickadees/sparrows. As a side note I was also able to talk the Ole lady into letting me get a new Ruger Red Label Over/Under. What's the point of having a good bird dog if you dont have a good bird gun. Heck, I must be doin something right....
Old 04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I have to worry about a wife anytime soon with the amount of hunting I've been doing! he he he...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I thank the many people for all of the advice, I have been working on finding ways of involving her with out pushing hunting on her. There were several suggestions made that I think are very sound. I think a good start would be going down and scouting with me that way we go out and enjoy the outdoors and then maybe go to town and just check out all the local shops. I always offer her the opportunity to go with me and I have actually made progress. I have gotten her to eat some back strap from the doe I shot and she has also tried some pork chops from the hog that I shot a couple of weeks ago. As far as the job offer I had to turn it down, my wife said that she would go but I do not want to put her in that situation until I am 100% sure she knows exactly what to expect. Either way I still have the good life, Football and Hunting.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cyclone

I'm gonna miss her.......

HEY, I'M SORRY TO HEAR SHE IS LEAVING YOU, CYCLONE!