Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

would you ??

Old 03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default would you ??

I have a weird question here. about 7 years ago I shot my first big buck. It was a nice 8 pointer with a small kicker less than 1 in. It had a 15 in spread with 5-6 in tines. Well that opening day between my friends an I we shot 6 bucks. We took them to the processor the next day for sausage and to be caped out for mounts.

Well here is the part that still pisses me off. We went to get our deer and the guy said that mine was lost..... LOST he said. I was LIVID. Well lets just say we loaded up our deer meet and I told him when he finds my cape with the rack I will pay him for the 6 deer. He was like hell no you pay me now.. well I jsut go into the truck and told him to screw himself.

So all this time I can still picture him in my mind on the wall. Well the other day a guy I know who rents property out had a situation where his tennant died. The relatives did not want the deer mount that was left. He asked me if I wanted it and I was like well I did not shoot it. So I went and looked at it. It was a nice mount of an 8 pointer. I took it home and put it on the wall.

So here is the question. Would you feel comfortable with hanging a deer "which you did not shoot" on the wall to replace the one that was lost??? Im not going to tell people who ask about it that I shot it. I just want to replace what was taken from me...... or never received....

here is a pic...........

Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: would you ??

Here is the one that will be done in may

10 pointer, 16in spread, with 21in main beams....

Old 03-25-2005, 08:04 PM

I think you are the only one who can decide what to hang on your wall. I personally dont think you can replace the deer the you shot and never got the rack and cape from, and I also wouldnt wnat someone elses deer head on my wall, uness it was taken by a close family member or something. But on my wall Ive only got room for the ones I took, but its your call.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:58 PM

Always honor the animal not the hunter. Hang it up..
Old 03-25-2005, 10:36 PM

that sucks that the guy screwed you like that. the deer you shot can never be replaced. but if you hang up the one that was given to you no one will have to know.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about that guy "losing" your deer. But to answer your question, YES I would take the mount and hang it up if you like. And honestly, it wouldn't bother me one bit to tell curious people that I didn't shoot it.....just tell them the truth. Just my $.02
Old 03-26-2005, 12:20 AM

That's a nice mount - sure, I'd hang it up.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dont bother me for you to do that. I hang all kinds of things on the wall. I even have a wig I found in a toilet stall in a gas station on the wall
Old 03-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can see where you would be hung up about having someone elses mount on your wall. I would feel odd about that to. It's funny tho to think that if someone gave me a mount from almost any other species, (fox, bobcat, bear) I would be tickled to death to have it.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Dont bother me for you to do that. I hang all kinds of things on the wall. I even have a wig I found in a toilet stall in a gas station on the wall
cardeer, you are " special", to say the least!

WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU HAVE A USED TRANNY WIG ON YOUR WALL????????

you brightened up my day, thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.