Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 worst mag. article i ever read!!! >

worst mag. article i ever read!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

worst mag. article i ever read!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: worst mag. article i ever read!!!

ORIGINAL: killer243

i just got looking at my Outdoor Life mag. one of the articles was "it's wounded now what?"

i have never read something so wrong in a hunting mag. ever in my life and i am disgusted! to sum it up it tells the hunter if he thinks he made a bad shot "get on the trail as quickly as possible." what the hell? if your shot is bad you give the animal plenty of time to bed down! one of his stories tell about how he killed his largest buck ever. "my guide and i took to his trail which was marked by sparse blood. snoe helped us stay on his trail for three hours. most of the time trotting. we jumped him several times. we hung in the buttom line is that buck, my biggest ever, literally ran out of bllod because we pursed him so intently and allowed him no time to lay down and rest. where was he hit? sit down and read this twice in the KNEE" but that isn't the bad part in the acticle

"never let the deer lay over night. it dosen't matter where it is try and track it all night long if you have to, meat will begin to spoil after the animal is dead for more the 1 hr... if you find bits of digested food in the blood your following a gut shot animal. give it an half hour and get on that trail and cover as much ground as you can as fast as you can"

now their is more to this story but i am getting tired of writing it down. but am i crazy or dose everyone else think this guy is giving out terriable advise? i couldn't believe they let it be published! it is like a list of things of what NOT to do

sorry this is so long however i think it is worth reading

the first mistake you made was buying a outdoor life magazine second you read it. I ended my OL subscription years ago because IMO they have veered too far to the left for my liking. Then I found out Time Warner inc. owns the magazine, So go figure the most anti gun, anti hunting, left wing organization owns the Outdoor life magazine. SO what do you expect???

Besides Jim Zumbo is nothing but a hunting product industry poster child, what do you expect him to write? you know he has editors whos paychecks come from Time Warner inc. breathing down his neck and trust me he wants his paycheck too. He'll write what ever he's told to otherwise he would be out of a job.