Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 worst mag. article i ever read!!! >

worst mag. article i ever read!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

worst mag. article i ever read!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 06:09 AM

Default RE: worst mag. article i ever read!!!

You were doing good until I come to the part about shooting a deer when you were 6.......I quit reading there.[8D]
Old 03-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maineguide5424

You were doing good until I come to the part about shooting a deer when you were 6.......I quit reading there.[8D]
My son got his first when he was 7 yrs old, why would 6 be hard to believe?
Old 03-26-2005, 06:41 AM

that's like saying " what not to do" that woulda made more sense. that disguest's me to why would they put something so bad in a hunting mag ? must have been a anti hunter that published the issue
Old 03-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Show me one 6 year old kid that can put a deer rifle up to his shoulder and shoot it. I wouldn't even let someone bring a little kid like that on a hunt.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: killer243

let's all jump on Jim Zumbo.I forget, know of you have ever been caught up in the moment and took a shot that you probably shouldnt have taken. Is shooting at a deer through brush illegal? And how is it unethical? If given a shot through a light screen of brush, i'd take it with a rifle or shotgun anyday of the week.
that is good for you but if you are like most of us who have tried shooting through brush you will see a tiny stick could deflect you bullet enough to miss or make a bad hit. this making the shot unethical to ME. once i shot a at a coyote standing behind a tiny bush i took the shot and the bullet struck a stick about 1/2 the size of a pencil and the bullet deflected and his him in the guts instead of the shoulder i was aiming at. so yes small brush WILL send a bullet off it's path. some times maybe only a little bit but i am not going to chance it
People who shoot "through brush" need to have that bullet deflected, right up their own arse.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maineguide5424

Show me one 6 year old kid that can put a deer rifle up to his shoulder and shoot it. I wouldn't even let someone bring a little kid like that on a hunt.
my son shot his first deer at age 7 with a 20 gauge 870 loaded with 2-3/4" slugs. one shot at 25 yards. he began practicing with bb guns and 22's at age 5 . we spend every free second in the woods, the kid is a better shot than most adults.

your shortsighted , myopic statement just took all your credibility away with me.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quit reading
I'm not surprized. In fact judging from the IQ level of your posts I'd say you quit reading period at about age 9. Anyway, FYI I killed my first deer at age 6 with a slug from a 410 gauge shotgun at a distance of about 18 yards. Small buck. I still have that little gun which my father sawed part of the stock off of to fit my shoulder better. So Maineguide5424 we can just add this to the list of things that you have been wrong about. A list that"s growing faster than the population of China.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't even let someone bring a little kid like that on a hunt.
Yeah, because it would be embarrassing for your clients to see that even a child of 6 had more actual hunting knowledge and skill than you. Thats good thinking on your part.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: killer243

let's all jump on Jim Zumbo.I forget, know of you have ever been caught up in the moment and took a shot that you probably shouldnt have taken. Is shooting at a deer through brush illegal? And how is it unethical? If given a shot through a light screen of brush, i'd take it with a rifle or shotgun anyday of the week.
that is good for you but if you are like most of us who have tried shooting through brush you will see a tiny stick could deflect you bullet enough to miss or make a bad hit. this making the shot unethical to ME. once i shot a at a coyote standing behind a tiny bush i took the shot and the bullet struck a stick about 1/2 the size of a pencil and the bullet deflected and his him in the guts instead of the shoulder i was aiming at. so yes small brush WILL send a bullet off it's path. some times maybe only a little bit but i am not going to chance it
People who shoot "through brush" need to have that bullet deflected, right up their own arse.
ok i should rephrase that. I'll shoot through blackberry brush and fairly light stuff. But yes, I've had to pass up shots on deer in brush. Just this year, i had to pass up a 20 yard shot on a 130" 8 pointer because i couldnt get off a clean shot. holier than thou people rank up on my dislike list as high as liberals and tree huggers....

slayer
Old 03-27-2005, 06:01 AM

20 yards!! You measured his horns, counted the points and couldn't shoot him.
I've had clients like that, we offer them their money back if they'd like to go home and do something they're more qualified for.

Quick Reply: worst mag. article i ever read!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.