Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Real or Fake? (PIC)

Old 03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Real or Fake? (PIC)

hahahaha, how laughable it is to sit back and read the posts of so many self-proclaimed professionals of photo-shop and computer gadgetry.

The bottom line is none of you have any idea and are all guessing............I don't know either and I'm not about to take a guess, but it's a great deer none-the-less.

After viewing message boards for the last few years I don't think I've seen one instance when a monster buck was shot when someone didn't start a pathetic rumor......that's why I read more than I post, so many nay-sayers and people trying to start controversy.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha, funny how someone posts a pic asking for an OPINION then when someone gives it people like you come on here and shoot them down. If you want to call it guessing so be it, whatever floats your boat. However, if that was the case than I would respond to every single post on these boards pulling crap out of the air regardless of my technical background. But then again you have to know what I do on a daily basis seeing as how we're all self proclaimed. Point is that I used MY experience with photoshop combined with my brother in laws profesional photography background to form an educated OPINION. But then again silly me for anwering someones question when it was asked.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first assumption? It's real.
After carefully reviewing each and every aspect of the aforementioned clues to it being a fake (shadows , splices , etc.)? It's real! Call me an optimistic , but for me it's real until proven fake.

As for the shadows? Dont expect normal shadows as you'd see in a normal circumstance of a pic at night where the flash is casting the only light source. In the pic you can see the light is luminated on the back of the cab.

As for photoshop splices? Show me. I see none.

As for grabbing the base of the antlers? It's pretty common to try and grab the antlers in a spot that wont obstruct the view of any of the antlers. Which is what I would do in that situation.

As for the pic and story being all over the hunting boards? Guys and gals , there are far more hunters who have never visited a hunting board than there are those that do.
I've seen some awesome racks in my day that were just sawed off and nailed to a wall in a barn.

Thats my $.02
Old 03-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

fake
Old 03-26-2005, 06:36 AM

looks fake to me !!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:44 PM

fake
Old 03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good example of a fake pic there duckhunter81891!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 PM

could go either way for me. I have dont allot of graphic work at a professional level but its not my fortay in anyway. Downloading the picture and blowing it up only shows 2 things for me. (1) right above the deers head ... why is it all blury, there is no description of what that could be. (2) the right leg behind the knee is white? as far as the shadows go, there fine to me. I could say this picture is real or fake, overall opionion real... Geeze i am really flip flopin.

And if it was fake, what was fake about it.. the person holding it, the deer, antlers...?

Anyways I dont care either way just wanted to answer to the question.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 PM

FAKE!!! BUt cool blood effect, did good on that..but sorry its fake.