Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Real or Fake? (PIC)

Old 03-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Real or Fake? (PIC)

Looks fake to me.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 AM

Come on people....it's a nice buck but not that exceptional. As far as the deer goes, it's ungutted, and looks to be 160-170lbs. live weight tops! This buck would only dress at 140-155lbs tops. Thats why the horns give an initial appearance of being so huge. Look at the 5 gallon buckets in the bed of the truck for scale. Also, in that truck, the tailgate height is only 18". Finaly, that kid looks to be about 20 years old, and thin as hell; maybe 140lbs. His cap has a T on it, probably Texas. Short hair on the deer also leads me to believe southern deer.
As far as the horns go, here is a generous, and I do mean generous guess: Inside spread: 25"
Mass: 32" ( thin horns so I gave him 4" per wrap X 8 GENEROUS)
Left Right
Beams 28" 28"
G1 5" 6"
G2 7" 8"
G3 13" 12"
G4 14" 12"
G5 6" 6"
G6 3" 3"

Totals 76" 75" 151"
mass 32"
spread 25"

GROSS 208"
Now subtract the several junk points and side to side differences and what you are left with is a gorgeous mid 190's buck. But certainly NOT one worth faking. Several deer are killed EACH YEAR of this caliber. By no means is this an exceptional buck, espescialy on a national level.

Whoever shot it has one heck of a mount though!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:41 AM

Looks fake.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:43 AM

KSHUNTER......Where did you get the picture from?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:46 AM

KSHUNTER.....you also seem to "know" quite a bit about the "rumors". What news did it air on? who is the hunter? Seems to me like a quick call to the news reporting agency could clear things up here.....give it up boy....
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was posted last fall on my site. I thought i'd bring it up here to see if anyone had any additional info on it, since what I posted is all I know. If I remember right, the rumor originally came from this site.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:57 AM

Well it's not a rumor. It is in fact a real deer that was shot and killed in kentucky this past season. The hunter who shot the deer did not find it. Another hunter came across the dead deer and took it. it is now mounted and being used in shows in the Kentucky area. A new cape needed to be used in the mount due to the decaying condition of the deer. I got all of this information straight from the Kentucky Division of Fish and Wildlife. So I guess we can just end this thread with one word...REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

OMG I CANT NOT TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE. I KNOW I POSTED A PICTURE OF A DEER AND ASKING IF IT WAS FAKE BUT DAMN! ITS LIKE U GUYS SEE A DEER BIGGER THAN YOURS SO THE FIRST WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS FAKE. AND BEARKLR ARE U LIKE PRO TO PHOTOSHOP CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE U NO EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. AND ONE THING IF THAT DEER IS FAKE WERE DID THE ANTLERS COME FROM ARE THEY FAKE? NO THERE FROM THAT DEER. IF ALL U DO IS SIT AT HOME AND MAKE FAKE PICTURES OF DEER I GOT 3 WORDS FOR U. GET A LIFE! AND MY PERSONAL OPINION IS ITS REAL.

Man, you need to stop getting your panties in a bunch. When someone posts a pic asking for an opinion then we give it. If you don't like what we have to say than post an oposing opinion not sit there and badmouth everyone elses in capital letters as if that REALLY REALLY REALLY gets you point accross.[:'(] Sounds to me like you're some 15 year old who has no concept of making a fake picture. What the heck do you mean "where did the horns come from"? if this is a fake (key word if after reading mooshorns post) then they would of come from photoshop, seeing as how that is the entire purpose of the software. And as far as being a professional at photoshop, no I didn't write the software but while you're at school I work as a systems analyst using this software to develop images for websites on a daily basis. Also when I questioned the shadow it was based on the opinion of my brother-in-law who by the way went to art school in philadelphia and is a professional photographer (just in case you wanted to know why he's allowed to give an OPINION). so before you go attacking everyone elses opinion telling them to "get a life" try making one of your own based on your background (if you have any) rather than pulling invalid statements from the air and pasing them off as fact. Moosehorn for example did research and backed up his claims so I have no problem beleiving it's a real pick, I was just asked to give my opinion which I did at that point in time (before any FACTS were brought into the discussion. That's why they are called opinions because they are just feelings that can be changed when true facts are brought to light.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:37 AM

Ok here is my two cents on it. I dont know if the deer is real or fake. Personally I dont care. It is a good looking deer. I dont see the strange shadows or anything else. Therefor I am led to believe it is real. However after doing some research just out of curosity on the Kentucky DNR page I see no traces of the deer or nothing about it. I did learn that Kentucky does have some very nice deer. Now if I shot that deer you can bet that it would be posted on the Kentucky DNR site under the ones that didnt get away. To have your picture featured on "The One That Didn't Get Away" page, send to [email protected] SO to clear it all up simply send the pic to the one that didnt get away and the Kentucky DNR will post it only if it is real and I am sure they will have some sort of proof. If I am just guessing they will want to see the Deer because it is a massive deer.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

OMG I CANT NOT TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE. I KNOW I POSTED A PICTURE OF A DEER AND ASKING IF IT WAS FAKE BUT DAMN! ITS LIKE U GUYS SEE A DEER BIGGER THAN YOURS SO THE FIRST WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS FAKE. AND BEARKLR ARE U LIKE PRO TO PHOTOSHOP CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE U NO EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. AND ONE THING IF THAT DEER IS FAKE WERE DID THE ANTLERS COME FROM ARE THEY FAKE? NO THERE FROM THAT DEER. IF ALL U DO IS SIT AT HOME AND MAKE FAKE PICTURES OF DEER I GOT 3 WORDS FOR U. GET A LIFE! AND MY PERSONAL OPINION IS ITS REAL.
It is a fake. And yes I am a professional. I work in website resources and use Photoshop for hours every day. Take a deep breath, turn off the caps lock and relax.

Quick Reply: Real or Fake? (PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.