Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Real or Fake? (PIC)

Old 03-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Real or Fake? (PIC)

looks fake but its a nice buck though regardless
Old 03-18-2005, 03:22 PM

It kinda looks real to me but the blood dripping from its nose kinda gives it away.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Like i said before, It is definately a real deer. I suggest all the naysayers refer to my previous posts.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 PM

And the State of Kentucky does acnowledge the deer fyi
Old 03-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

And the State of Kentucky does acnowledge the deer fyi
Where? Looks like a fake to me. I'm no expert but the shadows was the first thing I noticed as well!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:40 PM

OK everyone.....let the debate rage on. I must apologize to you all. After getting involved in this post, i contacted the Kentucky DFW and asked if an exceptionaly lare deer had been killed and found by somebody else in the last season. The spokesperson said that indeed a humongous deer had been shot and not recovered and later found by another hunter. The only thing is, the picture in this post isn't it. i just recieved pictures in the mail as well as a newspaper article about the big buck from kentucky. The story goes like this. A deer that was nicknamed "Chocolate"(due to his extra dark coat) was shot by a hunter, Doug Lindell, on October 17th in the woods near Sulfer Creek in Glenmary. The hunter failed to recover the deer after two solid days of searching. Four weeks later, Lindell went hunting with his buddy, Chris Crawford. Crawford found the deer by accident when he was walking back to his truck. Lindell had no more buck tags, so Crawford tagged the deer. The deer has not yet been scored as of 11-26, however two people attempted to score it. One came up with a score of 257, the other 299. Quite a difference, so it should be interesting to see. This buck is an absolute MONSTER!!! I have a pic of it in my hand, however, i can't get it on here. It has 32 scoreable points, double drop tines, about 5 browtines on each side, 4 additional smaller drop tines, and wicked mass. it looks to me like a mainframe 12 pointer with TONS of junk.
In summation, I have no clue about the pic at the begginning of this thread. sorry for any confusion i may have caused.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:58 PM

click on this link to see a pic of the deer and scoresheet http://www.bluegrassbigbucks.com/Ind...%252520Gallery

Look at the grin on that guys face!!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM

if i killed a deer like that i would not be holding it by the base of the horns! i'd have my hands stretched around that spread!.. it has to be fake!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would say that's a different deer LOL. Thanks for coming back to this thread and clarifying with proof. Alot of people wouldn't have admitted to being a little off in a previous post but you took the time to research it and admitted that you had this pick mixed up with another deer. Now that there is no evidence once again my opinion is still on fake without any real facts to say otherwise.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 AM

Looks like a fake to me.

Quick Reply: Real or Fake? (PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.