Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's time we all join PETA

Old 03-09-2005, 08:12 PM

Default It's time we all join PETA

It's time we all join PETA....I thought that would grab you all. Seriously though folks...PETA in and itself is actualy very necessary. The problem is that there is a big misunderstanding between the two groups PETA and Hunters. I love animals, yet I hunt them. I ask you all to visit the PETA website, I just did. And let me tell you, I almost threw up. Some of the footage they have on there is so disturbing. Animals being skinned alive. It's awful! And I'm torn. I mean, I would be more than happy to support this group, but I don't because they are a threat to something that I hold dear, hunting. I just wish that they would abandon there position on hunting so we could all team up together and stop the senseless killing and torture of animals...check out their site and you will know what I mean. Something has to be done here to get everybody on the same page. If PETA and hunters could get together on the issue, the world would definately be a better place for all.
I just sent this letter to the head of an animal rights group and I encourage yopu all to follow suit.

Stu,
Do you want to know what the biggest tragedy is? Let me take a moment of your time and explain. I just visited the PETA website and watched some video that was offered. I was absolutely appalled by what I saw. Animals being skinned alive. It was quite possibly some of the most disturbing video I have ever personally seen.
I am a somewhat well off man who has been blessed in many ways. I would like nothing more than to support any organization that protects animals from the cruelty that they endure. And there are many many others just like me. In fact, most hunters love animals. If organizations such as yours would wise up to the fact that your opposition are actually your comrades in disguise, the world could and would be a better place, where millions of animals would not have to needlessly suffer.
You see Stu, folks have to eat, plain and simple. One can't force upon another what he should or should not eat. But beyond that, there is no argument that animals are unfairly and brutally treated in this world. And believe it or not, the majority of hunters would be some of your biggest allies.
If organizations like yours would just abandon the opposition to hunting, your organizations would become our organizations, and we could all work together for a common goal, to stop needless and senseless animal suffering. Please let us help you! We all want to, believe me.
Sincerely, Chris
----- Original Message -----

It's time for change! Both groups have good points, we just need to find a common ground. I will tell you what, It breaks my heart that the animals in the videos on PETA were treated in the manner that they were. I know that much.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

You and me both, moosehunter. I have often entertained the thought of all of us joining so we can push them to the right agenda - be kind to animals and hunt them. Them PETA's would all have to go form another organization. How many hunters would it take?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:22 PM

Just two Jones....me and you brother. Lets start HETA...Hunters for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. What do you say?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Now I think I've heard it all. Have you guys fallen off your rocker? Smokin something nasty?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Your money, my brains, huh?

Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

I lived five years in Indonesia where they ate dog. Mostly is was the Filipinos who liked it. When I first had it, I didn't like the fact that it could be a pet. Well, people keep hogs as pets, I says to myself, so why not eat dog? Then I didn't like the fact that it was a meat eater. Well, I eat bear, snake, and fish, so what's the difference? With those asian peppers, you can't tell meat from cardboard anyway.

But now the kicker, for those that don't know . . they tenderize the dogs . . ALIVE! Days of beating the dog as it hangs. It was a ceremonial type affair. You could hear yelps across the valley, but they were clever at keeping them behind high fences. They knew westerners hated it. I know it's unbelievable, but it's true.

Hopefully I don't need to tell you I never went near dog meat or them Filipinos when I found that out. THAT is what PETA needs to go after, not us respectful hunters!

HETA - you've got something there!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Just don't forget one thing. They will do everything in their power to remove your rights to hunt. The only way they will be happy is if everyone becomes a vegetarian. Thats the cold hard truth. Their is NO happy medium with them. Animals HAVE to die to become meat. And that is what is on top of their agenda.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM

See Jones...that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I would support stopping that crap from happening, but there isn't an organization right now that you can safely give money to without it in turn going after hunting. Also, I think alot of the people that are in PETA as members would agree that money would be better spent fighting the problems instead of each other. Seems to me the only ones making out in the long run now are the lawyers.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:52 PM

It will never happen!!!!!!!! Peta says hunting is cruel so how you gonna team up with them?
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

They will never team with hunters unless there is a way to make us stop!!!!!!!!! Jimmy
Old 03-09-2005, 08:52 PM

I absolutly will NOT supprting PETA in any way. They wont listen long enough for us to ****ing explain how hunters also are for the ehtical treatment of animals, just in a different way.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Ok so we don't team up with PETA as an organization...we start another, more sensible organization. Not all PETA supporters are vegetarians, or off the wall freaks. I would venture to guess that the majority of the members are just like you and me. It's just that they have nowhere else to turn. If a more rational outlet was made available, I'm nearly certain they would utilize it.
My aunt was a huge supporter of PETA before she passed away. So much so that she gave all her money in her will to PETA. She ate meat, in fact she loved a good steak. PETA is flawed, and many PETA supporters know this. If a more sensable organization can be constructed, I am willing to bet that the majority would follow it.
We are in the adolescent stages of animal rights right now in history. 50 years ago nobody gave it a second thought. And believe me it is gonna grow. Now is a great time for a new organization to be born, so that the majority can get what they want, and that is an end to the senseless and needless suffering of animals.

Quick Reply: It's time we all join PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.