Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The worst time of year

Old 02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The worst time of year

I know the feeling. Just today, I caught myself thinking "Just 8 more months till opening day of gun."
Old 02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Florida fishing is good now. Crappie are still biting and I caught a mess of shell crackers last week. Bass will be beding any time now. Good time to lose weight say I can use my climber better next year. Just started some venison soup for tomorrows dinner.God is good.
Chuck
Old 02-16-2005, 06:41 PM

Snowshoe hunting is open year round here and I hunt them nearly every day with my dog.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

You've gotta be kidding....Lots to do...Take every gun you have...give them a good cleaning, refinish the stock..etc....In NC we still have quail, rabbit, crows, coyotes etc....Make your own electronic caller, download sounds from internet....Pull out your muzzleloader and work up that 150 yard load, with all the new bullets available for muzzleloaders, that takes a lot of time...If its time for a new one....now is a good time to pick up a deal....most dealers are ready to take low dollar on the ones they have in stock...Clean up some new trees to hunt next deer season...clean shooting lanes...make 4-wheeler trails...Try some new loads in your deer rifle....See how good it really shoots.
If you have a favorite load....buy a case....its only 10 boxes...get the dealer to cut you a deal....Do some preseason scouting for deer...lots of scrapes can still be found....this is the best time of year to find a new spot for this year....Get the idea...still plenty to do.....btw...its not illegal to go sit in your deer stand and see whats happening now...just leave the gun at home...take a good pair if binoculars and maybe your cam corder...Buy a muzzleloader sidelock kit...and put it together yourself....then you can play with different loads for it....

Hockey??? Forget about those high-paid jerks...they can work 6-10 years and retire...and will make more $$$ than we can in our lifetime...If you do
need to watch sports...college basketball...did you see Texas Tech beat Kansas the other night??? Great game....
Man if I didnt live in the city I would hunt other animals now believe me, I would also practice shooting but there is nowhere to shoot around here really. I would do scouting but im only 16 and my parents wont let drive up there to scout.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:18 AM

Here in N.C , crow season is still open . Got 2 yesterday , one today. Lots of fun .