Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

will this work

Old 02-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: will this work

Hey Big Guyo1, do you have an article about this story. That would be interesting reading of a large grizzly being taken with a .22 short!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Well I read that she was armed with a hornet. Which makes a lot of sense as northern indians are pretty frugal. Just which tribe she was part of, I foget. The bear evidently was attempting to enter her cabin, having ripped off the door. She stuck the barrel of her rifle in the bear's mouth and blew the back of his head out. A sensible solution not very common amoung city dwellers. [8D]
Old 02-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

One time my uncle shoot a deer in the forehead w/ a .22LR, it's been about 20 years ago.
It was an extreme case, he was squirrel hunting (that's why he had a .22) w/ my little brother. The deer (Spike) saw them sitting under a tree and charged my brother. My uncle is a hell of a shot, but there had to be some luck involved here. 1 shot between the eyes and him dropped in his tracks. I don't remember the whole story but he did contact DNR because deer were not in season. DNR later told him the deer had some kinda disease, I don't remember what it was exactly.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah it will, but not really a smart choice if you ask me.