Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Yea, if me and my family is going hungry you can bet I,m going to knock Bambies dong in the dirt. These jerks that say poaching is poaching would be the first ones to do it if they were going hungry.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

what's your possum recipe????????????????? i gotta know!!!!!!!!!
pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees, take an average size cleaned possum and take a nail gun and nail him to an oak or hickory 2X6 plank, spread a thin layer of bovine "patay" over the whole possum, bake on the middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes, remove from oven take possum off and eat the board.

do not use pine or treated boards, they'll leave a bad taste in you mouth
Old 02-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Killing an animal in despirate times is not considered poaching. I would do it in a heart beat.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 PM

if you are that bad for money sell your hunting gear.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:44 PM

K personally, all the guys who are arguing against feeding your family have obviously not had it that hard. So I think that if you were starving to death, I would be quite allright with somebody who really needed the meat to go and shoot a deer.
What do you think Canada and the U.S.A. started on? I don't conservation officer walking around giving tickets to pioneers. So actually think about what you would do if you were starving.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:01 PM

My father lived threw great depression and no one knows what its like to have nothing till you have been threw that. He and the rest of my family are against hunting and thinks i shouldnt hunt unless i have to, but I see it different then them. Back during the great depression food was the name of the game. My dad says if the great depression happen today with the population of the country and ubanized its become most wouldnt be able to take care of themselves let alone a family. It would be very tough with no supermarkets and farms around. No one would respect posted signs and if it got real bad people would kill each other over a deer or other animals. I am not bragging when i say this but I really think i could support my mom, dad, brother and sister off the land and the lake we live on. When and if it ever came to a time that you needed food to live for survival then hunting seasons would not affect me from taking game to survive. Just my thought on poaching!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree poaching is poaching! And to those who "would never take a hand-out," but you would poach, whats the difference? You would be stealing from the state and from the people of the state!
If you can justify poaching, you probably could justify armed robbery too!
You would have a better chance to pay the bills and feed the family, by spending your time doing odd jobs, than to risk having guns and equipment confiscated and being fined for poaching!
Heres another thought, if you need the money for food, cancel your internet service and sell your computer!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone truly kills a deer illegally to feed their family; I wouldn't call him a "poacher" or say he is "poaching". I would say he is acting out of nessacity. To me, a poacher is someone who kills a deer for no good reason; i.e. the rack, or just to kill one; whatever the reason may be- they aren't the right ones.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:06 PM

If it weren't for laws against poaching you wouldn't have any deer to hunt, especially those nice trophies posted on your site. Don't break the law.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

In this day and age I just don't understand how the "need to feed one's family" excuse can cut it anymore. There's a great deal of assistance out there, and donated meat and food.
I'd admire the man who went out and provided food for his family by harvesting one of Gods gifts to us by whatever means possible much more than I'd admire the man who holds his hands out for charity to provide for his family.

This might not be the depression , but there sure as hell are alot of folks in some desperate times right now due to lack of jobs etc... I know of two families in northern Wi who fit that bill right now and I dont blame them a bit for providing for their families. Neither do the wardens , they turn their back when they know they've taken a deer and they also drop off road kills whenever possible.

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.