Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

you will not believe this

Old 01-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Default you will not believe this

My cousing was hunting a couple of years ago and she saw two does one in front of the other, and without thingking about the one behind the one she was aiming at she shot the one in front and killed the doe behind that one two..... two deer at the same time.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Default RE: you will not believe this

You're right. I don't believe it.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 PM

I know it is hard to beleive but trust me she was using a 30-06 and brought em down I promise
Old 01-27-2005, 01:47 PM

somewhat diffenent but I do it while spearfishing all the time. You track one fish and then you take the shot and next thing you know you got two fish on the spear. I usually get so focused on my target fish I don't think about or see the ones behind it.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM

aww man with a 30-06, that will pass though both of em probably, I believe it.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:13 PM

I have seen it done also. Took a buddy our hunting to fill his doe tag and I specifically warned him i would tell him when to shoot. He played hero and shot whiile the does were staning close by, dropped them both with a shot to the neck and back. It can be done but this is definatley nothing to be proud of. One of the golden rules is be sure of your target and beyond, as a result i had to use my tag on one of the deer and never took that fella out with me again.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: treestandstealth

and without thingking
Thats the problem right there.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM

Oh I agree it is a crappy thing to have happened I just thought it was rare.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:52 PM

It is possible. My dad had a chance to take two doe standing that way. he didn't take the shot because, on the slope angle he was at he would have hit the first one high and the second one low.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother did it back in the mid 80`s.
He was using marlin-35. There were 4 or 5 does come up on him at one time. He sead he picked out one aimed and shot. I was in the woods at the same time and i only heard one shot? When i came out he was already back at the truck. Thats when he told me that he had shot two with one shot. He could not believe it ether. He sead one stepped behind the other and he shot one through the ribs and the bullett went through one and hit the other in the neck. Just a complete accident[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.