Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

found a dead six pointer

Old 01-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default found a dead six pointer

when i was done hunting sunday morning, i saw a dead six pointer about 10 feet into the woods. I guess somebody shot him and couldn't find him. He was half eaten by other animals. I did get a saw and cut his antlers off. I hate seeing something like that. This is a perfect example of making a good shot so this kind of thing don't happen.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: found a dead six pointer

Circle of life.The deer isn't really going to waste just because it wasn't eaten by humans.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Good point Charlie. Maybe an animal needed that meat more then the hunter who shot it! Trust me it wont go to waste!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Charlie. I found a nice 8 dead during the last day of the Wi. gun season! It just sucks to see something like that!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:41 AM

God's active recyclers have been at this process at lot longer than man has so at least it won't go to waste. I agree that it is another reason to be sure of your shots, good at tracking, and persistent in your approach-I just always hope the animal didn't suffer much before the end.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

yeah, i understand that other animals will eat it, I just hate seeing a nice buck go out like that. I saw a nice buck in that area a few weeks ago but couldn't get a shot and i swear that is the same one. Maybe not but could be.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whenever I find something like that I take what can be used. Them bones can be made in to all kinds of things.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not like seeing it either, but just as others have said, it will not go to waste and it has happened before and will happen again.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Since he was close to the high way is it
posable he was hit by a car or truck ?

I hate to see animals like that to.
Espesaly hit by cars or trucks.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

he wasn't close to the highway. He was about 10 ft into the woods beside a field. He is too decomposed to use any of it for anything. I guess somebody could get the bones for something but I wouldn't. I guess he has been there for a couple of weeks and for the past 2 weeks it has been 70 degrees here during the day. You could imagine how he looked. Since the temp dropped down into the low teens this past weekend, he didn't have any smell.

Quick Reply: found a dead six pointer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.