Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Preparation for Next Season?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Preparation for Next Season?

Well, after being unbelievably blessed for my first year back hunting, I can't believe the season has ended. I ended up taking 4 this year, and can't wait until next year. However, when do you start scouting for stand or blind locations again? A month before the season or so? I'm just guessing, but I figured I'd start looking for sign and trails about a month before the season opens and start dropping corn along the trails. And maybe what? A week or 10 days before the season opens go ahead and setup my ground blinds? Advice? Opinions?
Old 01-17-2005, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Preparation for Next Season?

IF YOU GOT TIME IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS IT WOULDNT HURT TO LOOK FOR SHEDS AND ID PERIODICALLY SCOUTE YOUR AREA ALL SPRING AND SUMMER TO WATCH THE PATTERNS THAT THE DEER DO. I HANG ALL STANDS AND BLINDS IN AUGUST FOR OUR OCTOBER START