Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the warden shortage

Old 01-17-2005, 10:03 AM

Default RE: the warden shortage

JamesB, you are absolutely correct about that-a good one can make a lot of difference in an area-a bad one can screw things up in a hurry.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Default RE: the warden shortage

I am so hoping that the thing with his father in law comes back to bite him in the butt. He got his first job by iffy methods and he got this job becasue the GOP is in shambles in the Chicago Metro area and some other parts of the state. I could go on forever but I won't except to say that I saw not one CP this entire hunting season until the last day and they were at the check station talking to the owner of the shop.

Alsation,

Ohio is North Centrel Bureau County, I am far Western. I would say Ohio is about 1/2 hour away from the farm. Illinois has become more and more gun unfriendly as the color counties around Chicago have become less and less republican. I grew up in Kane County and back in the day (15 years ago, end of Thompsan, begining of Edgar) these counties would go 80/20 to Republican Canidates. This year, while Bush carried these counties, it was by thin margins and of course Cook county went Democratic by 1.2 million votes or something like that.

Chicago has always been anti-gun, I want to say it was one of the first cities to ban guns outright in the city (done wonders for crime rate hasn't it?) and Chicago more and more dominates the state. Right now we have a Gov. who basically works in Chicago instead of Springfield and couldn't care less about rural issues. One of his first announcements was he was going to eliminate the department of agriculture in the state of Illinois (Lets not mention that Ag is still one of the largest "industries" in the state).

Now, all of the cuts are not Blago's fault. Good old George Ryan left the state in shambles and the economy really took a turn for the worse. Something had to be done to balance the budget without raising Taxes so the DNR is an easy target. I don't know what percentage of funds the DNR gets is from the general fund but I have a feeling it is droping fast. Something I should really check out. Oh, and yes, I do believe he would like to eliminate the DNR all together. A lot of people are feeling that he is probably a one termer but the Republicans, or down state Dem's are going to have to get a legit canidate and quick since the elections are coming soon.