Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED

Old 09-06-2002, 02:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED

I got a new 3-D target last year and I had it 2 day left it out over night. I went down to shoot the next morning and the thing was torn up bad. The rear had chunks torn out and the deer was bent over and the antlers where broken off. It was either dog or coyotes. I know how he feels I was sick at my stomach for days.

Old 09-06-2002, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED

I had it happen to me at my place in West Virginia. I accidentally left my deer target out, and when I returned a week or two later, it was destroyed. I have bears and deer in the area. What is most interesting is that on one of the pieces, there was a distinct bite mark of a deer. I seem to think a bear may have done most of the damage, but that a deer was involved. Maybe a deer attacked it, then a bear tore it up afterward. I don't know...