Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Something cool, but weird happened on tonights hunt. >

Something cool, but weird happened on tonights hunt.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something cool, but weird happened on tonights hunt.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Something cool, but weird happened on tonights hunt.

So Im back out with the bow for the rest of the year.... I head out for my stand after I get off work at around 3pm. I put out some attractant scent, called Hunters Gold. Its a local remedy developed by a guy in NC. Its not made from any parts, or fluids of a deer, it was rumored it was goat pee, but I think that ones been ruled out. All I know is, people swear buy it. Says it attracts both bucks and does, Its supposed to be a territorial thing.?

So anyway I squirt some here and there, dribble some on the ground and hang the included dripper.
I get setup and immediatley a BB steps out around a 100 yards. I watch him all evening, he never gets any closer or further for that matter. Then as it gets darker, Im glassing around and all of a sudden the BB comes running Full Blast straight toward me. Stops 5 Yards from the Dripper and stands there without moving for apx. 2 minutes. starring straight at the dripper. Then he walks toward it casually, turns away looks back one last time and walks under my stand and off into the woods.

So I thought that was cool, the wind did seem to shift but I find it odd he comes running in so hard like he was spooked by something. I never seen anything that couldve spooked him. I was hoping it was a bigger buck running him off. But nothing. This may be some powerful stuff....

Any other Hunters Gold users out there? LKN? GMMAT? Brknarrow? NChunterman? Any of you NC guys?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Something cool, but weird happened on tonights hunt.

Sounds like some good stuff
Old 11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds intense, hope it works out.

I thought of anchor man when you said is wasn't made of real bits of deer. Sex panther. lol
Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 PM

Never heard of it....

Did you taste it?[:'(][8D]

Sounds like a cool encounter though.