Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 they know when hunting season is over >

they know when hunting season is over

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

they know when hunting season is over

Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default they know when hunting season is over

seasons been over a week here in VA, deer are all over the place, in the last week of the season i only saw three deer, does anyone notice this in the places that they hunt
Old 01-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: they know when hunting season is over

I sure do. They seem to be out in the open, staring at you saying " you couldn't catch me this year". Seen twice as many deer this week then a have in a month.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

our season is still open here but this last week or so, i have seen a lot more deer than normal.....maybe because the rut is just getting into full swing
Old 01-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I truely believe that they know. Not that the season is over but that there is less activity in their woods and they loosen up.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

They definately do. I spent the majority of my hunting season hunting one particular buck. I never saw him w/ gun in hand. The afternoon after muzzleloader season ended, there he was, walking across a field no more than 300 yards from my stand! At least I know he made it!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

This is eazy to figer out why. The deer and elk have been pushed to the land that alows NO hunting so it gets over grassed wile every one hunts. JUst as soon as presher stops they come runing to fill up befor hard winter.

I have been seeing WAY more elk this year than in the past.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Allen Denton
I truely believe that they know. Not that the season is over but that there is less activity in their woods and they loosen up.
Not only that Allen, some deer can get downright rude after the season. I remember seeing a small 5-6 pointer in a field across from a golf course at dusk. He was just standing there watching cars go by as he grazed. But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!

Butch A.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!
Butch, that was funny!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Not only that Allen, some deer can get downright rude after the season. I remember seeing a small 5-6 pointer in a field across from a golf course at dusk. He was just standing there watching cars go by as he grazed. But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!

Butch A.
I know that buck !
Damn he sure gets around !
Old 01-17-2005, 01:34 PM

They aren't as stupid as they look. There is this huge nine point that would probably go 200 lbs. easily that I see all the time areound my house, but once the season comes in you do not see hide nor hair of it unitl about a week or two after the season goes out. My guess would be that they know. At least the older and more mature deer do.

Quick Reply: they know when hunting season is over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.