Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bag limits and prices????

Old 09-03-2002, 08:09 AM

Default Bag limits and prices????

Here in Saskatchewan it costs $33 for an either sex tag and $20 for a doe tag. Depending on where you are, you can shoot two in a season. We're talking whitetails here. How much is it in your state/province and how many can you take??? Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Bag limits and prices????

Here in Maryland it's $24 for a regular license and that only allows you to hunt deer with a gun. You can take 4 deer in each section (2 of which HAVE to be does) and there are 4 sections in the state. For $6 you can get a bow stamp and for antoher $6 you can get a muzzleloader stamp. Same limit as for gun. You have to pay $10 for each additional deer tag. Oh, and in one section you can take unlimited does with a bow. Disregarding that you can take a total of 48 deer in the state with the one license but you have to pay $10 for each additional deer you take after 1.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:45 AM

Here in Maryland it's $24 for a regular license and that only allows you to hunt deer with a gun. You can take 4 deer in each section (2 of which HAVE to be does) and there are 4 sections in the state. For $6 you can get a bow stamp and for antoher $6 you can get a muzzleloader stamp. Same limit as for gun. You have to pay $10 for each additional deer tag. Oh, and in one section you can take unlimited does with a bow. Disregarding that you can take a total of 48 deer in the state with the one license but you have to pay $10 for each additional deer you take after 1.

I wonder if they could make it MORE complicated!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well lets see in Va. it is a total of $24 for small/big game license state wide which allows you up three bucks and one doe. Then there is also an archery permit which I beleive is $12. You can purchase unlimited bonus doe permits, they cost $12 and allow you two more doe per permit. You are allowed two deer a day.

If you were capable and had the money you could legally kill over one hundred deer in a license year in the counties I hunt.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 09-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

In Alabama, in most areas, you could legally harvest 154 (two per day) with a firearm or you could legally harvest 220 (two per day) with a bow or spear, half of which must be non-antlered. Non-resident license are $250 and covers all game except additional fees for management areas.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:45 AM

They let you hunt with a spear in Alabama????? That's odd.

(Insert Alabama joke here)!!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 12:04 PM

Texas- 36.00 for resident hunting, 2 bucks and 3 doe tags, Non-Res is 250.00
Old 09-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

No joke, it has been legal for a few years to hunt with a spear during bow season. I don't know anybody that has tried it, but it is there if you want to try.
The rule says "Deer and feral swine may be taken by hand thrown spear during the open bow and arrow season on these species. The hand thrown spear shall have a sharpened blade a minimum of two inches in width. The spear shall only be hand thrown."

Old 09-03-2002, 09:16 PM

here in missouri you can kill two buck with bow one before gun season and one after and two turkeys for i believe 16 dollars and then up to five doe permits in certain units for 5 each and gun season you can kill up to three one buck only for 15,i my be wrong a dollar or two the does tags get cheaper the more you buy.

Quick Reply: Bag limits and prices????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.