Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera >

26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera

Old 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM

Default 26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera

Well a week after the changes I made to my camera it's still working great. I'm on the same battery and it is still going strong. After I realigned it I got a bunch of good photos.

Clicky Clicky here to see them all

Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 26 picture from my modded Stealth camera

seahunter sweet pics! how did u wire the cam so the battery was outside the cam and so you had a place to mount the batts while still keepin the weather proofness. also does water effect the batts at all being unexposed?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:54 PM

Default RE: 26 picture from my modded Stealth camera

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

seahunter sweet pics! how did u wire the cam so the battery was outside the cam and so you had a place to mount the batts while still keepin the weather proofness. also does water effect the batts at all being unexposed?
1)
This is how I wired it. I know it does not help much but I also don't think anyone should try unless you are willing to accept you might destroy your camera.

2) The external lanter battery is in a plastic box that I strapped to the tree under the camera. the wire goes into the box on the underside and I did not seal the box. the hole in the bottom allows ventalation so battery vapors can seep out.Also durring they daily tempature change it does not absorb condensation and keep it traped.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera

nice pics
Old 01-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

seahunter thats a nice project there. maybe if i ever decide to upgrade cams ill pm u and see if u will help me along in modifying my stealth cam like yours?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:27 PM

Your pics are awesome. And dandy bucks for Florida! I really like the second pic.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Your pics are awesome. And dandy bucks for Florida! I really like the second pic.
Yeah, I don't know how many people here would appreashate how nice a 140 pound 8 point buck is for East Central Florida. I bet it if you but those fuzzy reindeer antlers on a miniature grey hound it would get mistaken for a real deer around here.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your pics are awesome. And dandy bucks for Florida! I really like the second pic
yea the spike and the coon is cool, the other pictures are great
Old 01-07-2005, 08:14 PM

Well done SeaHunter! I'm always glad to see guys/gal's wheels turning (thinking). I was amused by your risk of negating the warranty on your cam but delighted you were bold enough to pursue such things...very cool.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:36 PM

I bet it if you but those fuzzy reindeer antlers on a miniature grey hound it would get mistaken for a real deer around here.
LOL
I know what you mean. I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore County, Maryland. Most people around here think that it's a deer if it's brown, it's bigger than a squirrel, and it poops in the woods. [8D]

Quick Reply: 26 pictures from my modded Stealth camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.