Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HOT

Old 01-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOT

Tell me about it, Burnie....

New Years Day, I actually skipped the last day of the season and played golf with my bro-in-law. No lie.... It was 71 flippin' degrees and beautiful sunshine in Richmond, VA on the 1st! [&:] (I made a post about skipping the last day too and playing golf).

I can't believe this either.... Check this out for the 7 day forecast for Richmond, VA:

Current 3:10pm 1/3/05..... 68 degrees and sunny - I'm off work and just washed my truck!
Tomorrow 1/4: 71 and partly cloudy
Wednesday 1/5: 70 and chance of showers
Thursday 1/6: 68 and showers
Friday 1/7: 53 and cloudy
Saturday 1/8: 68 and chance of showers
Sunday 1/9: 75 and chance of showers.

WHERE HAS WINTER GONE?!?!?! [:-][&o]

Butch A.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Woah, another FL boy! I don't live far away, but I rarely head that way on the interstate. You ever hit Vortex spring's for a swim? I love that place...

What can you tell me about Po Boys Gun and Pawn in the area? I'm hoping to have a mighty mite on the way in a couple of weeks and was thinking about heading over there to give them some business.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

it was 60 here in ohio!! Not bad late season hunting though! Deer are moving between 10-2p.m i have noticed.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Po Boys is a real nice store. I do a good bit of business with them. They have the largest selection of guns available I have ever seen, and their prices are very competitive. I don't do any business with the Dockerys at Vortex. Did a timber sale one time with their son, I won't be back.
Where are you from? Crestview?
Old 01-04-2005, 05:00 PM

You Florida and Virginia boys are setting there in the 60's and here in Arizona I have a foot of snow and temps in the 30's-now if it would just snow in Tucson I would really know Hell was Freezing over!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:47 AM

That's correct timbercruiser. Glad to hear a good word about that them, now I won't hesitate to make the drive and work with them. Archery shops have left a bad taste in my mouth in the past and I'm not in a hurry to find another badly run shop.