Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 trespassers and what should we do about it >

trespassers and what should we do about it

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trespassers and what should we do about it

Old 01-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Spike

Default RE: trespassers and what should we do about it

Not in Pa... You can not get anything done...The Game wardens say trespassing is a police matter and if they did not break a game law no harm no foul...Police take forever to get to my rural farm and by that time they are gone....I now hold my fellow farmers accountable... When I get slid by someone I go talk to the neighbor...I have been told well I can't control them when they are out there..And my response is that is why I tell anyone on my place if the neighbor complains your gone...Even if I don't like the SOB... It is called respect..
Old 01-08-2005, 02:49 PM

Interesting debate...and I sort of see both sides, but I'm not a landowner so there is a lot I don't understand on this issue. But, one thing that crossed my mind in regards to having to have signs posted is, what about language barriers? If you're against doing it, you could tell your lawmakers signs are ridiculous because you need to post them in at least four or five languages to cover everyone and that's asking way too much

Or wait, I just thought of something! (duh) Are the signs just symbols? (yes, I'm ignorant on this one! sorry, but trying to learn)
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM

The law in all states should go something like this......

If the land is not public, then nobody can step foot on it with out the landowners permission. NO exceptions!!

Now come on, how hard is that?? Plain and simple, the way it should be
Old 01-09-2005, 09:14 PM

timber you exspect ppl to give u there wepons lol i would not give you my wepon for 1 you could go oput and kill someone with it 2 u cant drop everyone
but my land is posted 80 ac and a trespasser tryed kicking my grandfather off my land
i am agaist trespassers there is alot of fine print to posting inmy state anyway for it to be legal
so i think u dhould loose hunting privleges for like 5 yrs if caught but
only if it is legaly posted if not and someone on your properyty to bad
post it
Old 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM

defend IT IS AMERICA IF YOU CANT READ ENGLISH THEY SHOULD
GO BACK TO WHATEVER COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM
it s that simple i mean why do we have to more b/c ppl want to come here
Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

As the owner of 10 newly aquired acres I hope that I never encounter this problem ,
but I know that I will sooner or later since mine abuts a much larger woods where the landowner doesn't allow hunting . All those deer in his cedar thickets are gonna be awfully tempting to somebody sooner or later .

In my state written permission to hunt a given property is required by our game law , and the hunter is legally required to know the boundaries of that property to avoid trespassing on the neighboring parcel . Deadly force is NOT permitted unless the trespasser poses a direct threat to your safety , nor is holding the offender for law enforcement . A game warden may not investigate unless a complaint alledging a game law violation is being made , and even then he must witness it personally . The LEOs won't even come out for a hunting related trespass , so most folks just shoot over their heads or around them to make their point . Trespassing still occurs , but it's usually not the same person twice ...
Old 01-10-2005, 10:12 AM

There has been a lot of talk in this thread about firing warning shots and such at tresspassers. I am in no way defending someone tresspassing but to do such a thing to me is very irresponsible and dangerous. Are you not afraid that someone might return fire and do yourself harm or the fact that firing a gun in anyone's direction is illegal and possibly fatal. There is a lot of tough talk in this thread that I feel is exactly what lead to the shootings in in Wisconsin. Why would you want to provoke somone that you do not know when it could lead to a deadly shoot out like what occured in Wisconsin late last year. Too me the fact that someone might be shooting a deer on your property does not permit this kind of illegal activity.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The missouri state statutes allow for using deadly force in certain circumstances against trespassers section 536 & 569. By these statutes, I don't believe my word against a dead mans will put me in jail. I fought in Iraq and I just want to wander around on my land and be at piece without some a hole breaking the law and bothering me. I fought for this country and my right to purchase a little piece of heaven. I also fought for that trespassers right to break the law and face the consequeces for doing so. . . As I stated before trespassers be warned.
NEWSFLASH!! Just because you are a veteran doesn't give you the authority to start your own shoot-on-sight order on your property. Also, you may want to consider leaving law enforcement to ACTUAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS. Your brand of vigilante justice is insane. You've done went and fell out o' yer treestand, young man.

For Christ's sakes, we have trespassers all the time. I get my deer without a problem. Who really cares if somebody gets a deer on your property??? Really, so long as they abide by the laws of the land (littering/hunting/shooting), hunters are always welcome on my ground. Trespassers aren't Al Quaida fighters for goodness sake. Trespassing - Whoopitydoohdah

If you're so worried about another guy stealing your date with destiny on a 180-class P&Y buck, get off your arse and go get your deer before somebody else does.

By the way, you know why it's hard to prosecute trespassers??? Because Normal People DONT CARE!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never realized "normal" people don't care if laws are selectively enforced or not at all. Guess I am not "normal"

Steve
Old 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Quiksilver:

By the way, you know why it's hard to prosecute trespassers??? Because Normal People DONT CARE!
Thats one of the things that is wrong with this country, we have very few decent people left. Nobody cares or has any respect for other people especially when it comes to somebody elses property. "Normal people" dont care, because the "normal person" does not own land. They live in concrete jungles where they walk around living live like the other million people in the same city. The average person in this country dosent care about much. As long as they have a decent paying job, can afford there mortage, drive a decent car, and can go out and drink and party on the weekends then they are happy. They dont care about anything else, although most people live like robots nowadays.

Who really cares if somebody gets a deer on your property???
I do, and thats all that matters. Man I'm glad I live in Texas, one of the last "clear thinking" states left. By the way, down here, if you get caught poaching on somebody elses land or get caught with a gun on somebody elses land (considerd poaching) then your A$$ is going to jail because in Texas its a FELONY. Plus your going to have huge fines and court fees which add up to more then most people can pay. So not only will you be in jail, but you might also have to declare bankruptcy. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE...............

Quick Reply: trespassers and what should we do about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.