Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tv shows

Old 12-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default tv shows

i finally saw 2 shows i liked. first this guy was hunting with an outfitter for 4 days and didn't shoot a thing not becuase he didn't see anything either. the second show a guy actually went after and shot a doe. i would also like to see a show more about tracking/stand placement, than see another big buck get shot.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tv shows

Man I hear ya s. il.! I do.

Every show, magazine cover, video, news story, t-shirt, belt, belt buckle, hat, pin, bumper sticker, window decal, product, etc. Heck even our money! ("Hey buddy, can ya spare a BUCK?")

Buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck!

Will the new Remington "BuckHammer" slugs work on does? I mean is it even legal (or ethical, moral, politically correct or socially acceptable) to fire these savages at a doe? Or are they just STRICTLY FOR BUCKS!

I heard Ithaca is bringing out with a new pump shotgun. It's going to be a super modified version of their legendary pump and it's made of Kryptonite along with other top secret and classified materials! It's going to be called "BUCKSLAYER"! So technologically advanced that if you point it at anything other than a BUCK it won't fire. It's limited by an internal "selective fire, reputaion enhancement" computer system. And then there is "BUCKSLAYER EXTREME", it has the same "selective fire, reputation enhancement" control and it will not fire unless it is pointed at a 175 class BUCK or better. The computer does all the calculations internally, no matter how many points, it automatically calculates the score. 20-point BUCK, alright! Fork BUCK with 4-foot spread and 8-inch thick beams, good deal! Even a unicorn BUCK with an radio tower is no problem for the BUCKSLAYER EXTREME! Call now and you'll get a free (you guessed it!) "Ultimate BUCK Gutter" knife. From a**hole to windpipe the "Ultimate BUCK Gutter" does it all in a single swipe, better than any other blade on the market, it's gotta be the best, afterall it is THE one, THE only............."Ultimate BUCK Gutter"! Able to gut and butcher your buck in a single swipe, in every hunter's favorite style of butcher ..................
.........THE BUCK CUT!

And let's not forget Ladies and Gentlemen, uh, I mean BUCK hunters -
THE MORE YOU USE IT THE SHARPER IT GETS!

DISCLAIMER/NOTE: The "Ultimate BUCK Gutter" knife is shipped dull, with absolutely no edge whatsoever and without a sheath. When you receive your "Ultimate BUCK Gutter" knive just simply start trying to cut any available scrap material such as carbide, stainless steel or cobalt and the lifetime edge will develop immediately. If you can find a sheath to carry it in, that the "Ultimate BUCK Gutter will not simply cut itself out of after developing an edge-GOOD LUCK!

In a woodland exit poll 84% of the does surveyed wanted to grow up to be, or thought they actually were, BUCKS! Many actually verbally expressed feeling that they were somehow BUCKS born in a female deer body. Even physotherapy could not help these poor, misguided animals.

Hey, seriously though, I'm a S. IL boy, too. Family is from Marion, Williamson County. Where you at?

Uncle BUCK, uh, I mean Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-27-2004, 01:25 PM

thanks for the laugh uncle m
Old 12-27-2004, 05:21 PM

I dunno, si il. I'm more into reality than fantasy. I like shows that show it the way it really is, at least the way it is for me. Setting up my stand just to shoot a doe and maybe not getting one? Dream on. Hunting for a trophy and not coming back with one? Why go? I only pass on a trophy because I know there's a larger one the outfitter's been scouting and hiding. I always come back with a rack and I don't have to hunt that long to get one.

Caribou, 16 inch antelope, archery 160 plus whitetail, a 30 inch plus mulie from each of three states, a full curl bighorn, 380 class bull elk from 2 states, 40 inch cape buffalo, Alaskan brown bear, and a late season whitetail buck. Now that's my kind of season, and that's what I demand from my hunting tv!

You know the old saying . . . you can't mount the meat!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey your the man. I bet ther is alot of pride that goes into setting up and killing a nice buck that someone else has scouted and prepaired the area for you. Care to share how much you spent to go out ther and sit on your butt?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:19 PM

oh my right on target on that one,lol. did you get out of the truck at least?

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Hey your the man. I bet ther is alot of pride that goes into setting up and killing a nice buck that someone else has scouted and prepaired the area for you. Care to share how much you spent to go out ther and sit on your butt?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Care to share how much you spent to go out ther and sit on your butt?

Rule of thumb for me is multiply the score by 200 and get the price of a decent full service hunt. 160 deer x 200 = $3200. 380 bull x 200 = $7600. Any less and I'm just not happy with the service.

Hopefully with this answer you've figured out I'm being facetious. Thought I had exaggerated enough to make that obvious. I was hoping my twisted saying would be a giveaway, if all those trophies in one season wasn't.

I routinely set up to take does, even though I also have a few racks I'm proud of (no mounts yet). Many days of no sightings is my "reality". I don't know if I'm all that interested in reality on tv though, unless it's a lesson or education, like s il was suggesting.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:46 PM

Deer hunters themselves have created the current "big buck" market. You guys read some of the post on here? People buying deer piss, rattleing equipment, feeders, food plots, and those ridiculas trail cams, for what? All that for a doe? I don't think so. Deer hunting has become commercialized by hunter demand, like it or not. I cannot imagine spending time and money setting up a camera to take pictures of whitetails because I'm too lazy to get my butt out and scout. Deer hunting has gotten ridiculas, all this fuss over one of the least challeging big game animals in the country.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

hey uncle matt, that was great mani live in godfrey but hunt in-laws farm outside of carollton. i will always take a doe over a buck anyday. meat tastes a hell of alot better, besides it takes a long time to cook them dang antlers
Old 12-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

In a woodland exit poll 84% of the does surveyed wanted to grow up to be, or thought they actually were, BUCKS! Many actually verbally expressed feeling that they were somehow BUCKS born in a female deer body. Even physotherapy could not help these poor, misguided animals.

now THAT my friend, is some FUNNY stuff!! POW!

Quick Reply: tv shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.