Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 So What Do You Consider A Trophy ? >

So What Do You Consider A Trophy ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So What Do You Consider A Trophy ?

Old 12-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default So What Do You Consider A Trophy ?

A Doe A Spike A Big Rack ?

To me any deer you go out and hunt and finely get is a True Trophy.
If you take the time to scout and to get up early in the am and go after.

To me a big rack is not all there is to hunting.
Just being out in the great out doors is good theripy.
Or to go and bond with your friends and family.
It gives you time to clear your head.

So what ever you get while out hunting is a Trophy.
Even if it is only time to your self, Time is a Trophy in it self.
Well thats my 2 cents worth.

So what do you think ?
Old 12-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So What Do You Consider A Trophy ?

a buck ?
but id shoot a doe and still b proud
Old 12-18-2004, 09:31 PM

Well said jrbsr,I could'nt have said it better myself.I could go without the gun just to clear my head,but it would suck if that Trophy popped up without it.LOL
JE
Old 12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

depends.....any deer is special to me.....i remember all 7 clearly....like it just happend yesterday....i wouldnt call any TROPHYS though.....to me a trohpy will be a nice racker buck....good spread and good tine legnth...and a few points on each side....not neccesarrily a monster...just a half respectable buck.....not a basket rack.....but i do display my 2 buck racks proudly....pretty basket 6pt and a scrap rack fork horn with little brows...depends how you count points....could be a 6 if you go by the "hang a ring and its a point" or a bump of any size and distinction is a point....but my state says a point has to be atleast an inch long since the AR stuff......all my deer mean something to me....all 7.....but a "trophy" to me is something a little harder to come by....theres alot more to hunting then trophys.....if i wanted nothing but trophys id take up a diffrent hobby like a ball sport or something "trophys" are given to regularly.....i just love to be out there......ill get me a trophy some day......till then my does make me totally happy.....and when i come home skunked...i still smile and say it was a great day....beats doing anything else...
Old 12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt because I love to hunt and the enjoyment of the hunt is not determined by whether or not I kill a deer.That being said,I consider a trophy to be a large deer for the area that you hunt.Where I hunt a buck scoring better than 150 net B&C would be considered a trophy by most hunters.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rule 1 = all deer are a trophy.
Rule 2 = the deer that's bigger than the last
Rule 3 = the deer that was the hardest to hunt
Rule 4 = the deer that combined rules 1 through 3
Rule 5 = the deer you remember the most.

The memory of the first deer I took (doe at 11 years old) is more vivid in my mind than my biggest buck.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah - to answer the question:

If I say it's a trophy - it's a trophy. It's in the hunters' heart. It's in his(her) soul. You can't put a number on it.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the harvest, antlers, meat, etc are icing on the cake the experiences are the real reason I love to hunt.

The perception of what a trophy is up to the individual, any animal I take is held in high regards and am extremely thankful/proud. That beings said I don't consider them all "Trophies", that is reserved for an animal that has attributes I consider to be exceptional to my personal standards.

As long as your happy that is all that matters IMO.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anything ,especially my wife
Old 12-19-2004, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw an 11 year old boy come into our check station during the Adult Child hunt. When the truck came around the corner I knew there was a deer in the back and who had killed it by the ear-to-ear grin on that boys face. It was a Doe but that didn't matter to him, his picture on the board we keep of all the Deer killed on the management area is one of my all time favorites. That Doe is a trophy of the first order.

Quick Reply: So What Do You Consider A Trophy ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.