Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fewer deer this year??

Old 12-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fewer deer this year??

I heard a report that processing centers accross kansas processed 20% fewer deer this season than last year. Anyone else heard this? What about other states?
Old 12-16-2004, 12:32 PM

Default RE: Fewer deer this year??

Hill country Texas has been a bit slow, but the game warden and others I have talked to suggest it is becuase the very wet and warm fall not lack of Deer. As you know many folks in Texas hill country shoot from blinds at Deer moving to from feeders etc. Lots of forage this season so the Deer have not been to the feeders much. The only Buck I got this season so far was a spot and stalk. Also managed to take home a few 200lb hogs. But I am gonna hit it hard now that we have had a few good freezes.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:26 PM

PA has been very low this year. I'd like to believe that the weather conditions were the reason people didn't see deer but I think these several years of a 2 week doe season has really put a hurting on them.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Here in Illinios...more deer than ever. I have seen more bucks the last couple of weeks around here then i had the 10 years b4
Old 12-16-2004, 05:42 PM

I LIVE IN PENN. WHERE THE DEER KILL WAS VERY LOW THIS YEAR. LUCKILY I HUNT MORE IN MARYLAND IN HARFORD COUNTY. I KNOW WE HAD A GREAT YEAR THERE.I ALSO UNDERSTAND THE HARVEST WAS ABOVE AVERAGE.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:32 PM

Been real slow here in the Mountains of North Carolina. I feel the same way as everyone else. I believe the warm weather and huge acorn crop made the deer harder to predict and pattern than usual.