Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA seasons end

Old 12-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA seasons end

Just curious, how long is the Pa. season? Sounds like a number of the northern states have very short seasons.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

6 weeks archery with a 1 week ML inside it.
Break for 2 weeks, then a 2 week rifle season
ANother break until after Xmas in which a 2/3 week late archery and ML come back in.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be glad you guys were able to go out this season
Old 12-15-2004, 07:35 AM

Yep. I am thankful everytime i go out. Like i always say...Going out is awesome...bagging something is just an added bonus.

Tim
Old 12-15-2004, 12:16 PM

same thing as everyone else is saying......i hunted all bow season, ( i had tues, thurs, friday, sat off) i saw deer all season. The one place that i hunt i did not see one deer there in the early bow season cause acorns were really good this year and this place is pine thickets and oaks trees. On a tip from my buddy who shot nice 8 point opening day, i tried a piece of gamelands that where he had a huge 10 point within bow range but was shaking to hard to take him. I hunted this area and i saw bunch of little bucks. they ranged from spikes to pretty big 4 points. i did see that huge 10 point twice and the one time he winded me. now for does on the other hand, while sitting I did not have one walk by. I saw 2 run by and jumped 2-3 others out of their beds. so no deer during archery season, first in 4 years that i haven't taken a deer. Rifle season rolls around and i see 2 spikes and 4 doe of which i missed one. Finally shot a doe on a piece of ground that was pretty much unhunted. There are plenty of deer in pa still, but they are in the areas where u can't hunt. Outside of philly has tons of deer and i live there and thats why i am so excited about second archery season. These deer had really not been hunted so its like opening day archery all over again. I can't wait!