Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Cant believe this location, big bucks >

Cant believe this location, big bucks

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cant believe this location, big bucks

Old 12-09-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Cant believe this location, big bucks

last Saturday during rifle I wounded a very large buck 12 pointer huge spread, tonight during archery another huge 8 pnt came in 40 yards, not to comfortable with forty yards so I let him pass with no real good shot. This area is loaded must be a breeding area. Had my scent stick out too.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cant believe this location, big bucks

really glad your out there wounding deer and came to your senses long enough to not shoot another one GGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Bob....You never miss a deer?
Old 12-09-2004, 05:16 PM

ya dont miss with a rifle
Old 12-09-2004, 05:57 PM

Alright you guys can bust my balls, but that was the first deer Ive lost and Im shore hes doing fine just a flesh wound. your right wounding deer is not a good thing, of coarse something I try not to do. I think it might have been a combo of new rifle and buck fever and lack of patience.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

everyone misses,wounds, or loses a deer if they hunt long enough but most including myself would not even think about posting about it
Old 12-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that he posts it shows that he can show that he is human. We all have lost animals, it happens.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:39 PM

'Eh, I don't see it as a big deal posting about a miss. In fact, 'Strut' generated the following thread a few days back and ultimately found his big buck (a result of the encouragement to keep looking?) after concluding he missed.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=851095

Anyway, perhaps I'll start a thread seeking 'missed him' stories of some sort, I've found most good hunters are humble and readily share the good and the bad...so I guess I disagree Bob (no malice intended).

Oh, and Twong...you might have wished to express a bit of chagrin over wounding that fabulous buck...would have helped.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2004, 11:45 PM

The rule here in Montana is: if you shoot one, your season is over, recover it or not. I wouldn't "wound a huge buck" then go back out the next week, I would put my rifle away. Personally, if you have a scoped rifle, you should never wound any deer. If you sight your rifle in, practice even a little bit, you should have no problem with the shot. If you wound one, its because you took a marginal shot you shouldn't have, period. Yes, we have all wounded deer, myself included, but I can honestly say I have never wounded an animal with a rifle. I think the reason people get so pissed about wounded animals, ecspecially in the bow forum, is the sheer volume of "I wounded one" post, it does get disgusting after a while.

Quick Reply: Cant believe this location, big bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.