Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question, What are your thoughts of  peeing around your deer stands, while hunting >

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Old 12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

I limit myself to bottled water when in the field. Bring full ones in & bring "full" ones out. I try to be careful about my out of place scent with cover scents so I try to go the step further to do my best to eliminate the pee scent, too. Farting? Now that's a whole different story. I try to avoid the thin plastic bottles of water though as they tend to make cracking sound when they crush as you hold or open/close them.

I thought this a little suprising though. I had posted asking about fresh paint smell on another new ladder stand I made and painted a few days before opening shotgun season. Most said let it breath and get rid of the smell and use it next year. Well that was kinda my intention - place it in the woods and let it sit until next season. Well come opening morning, I found myself on the "fresh paint" ladder stand. A buck came right in at first light and never saw me or gave any indication of smelling me. He quickly succumbed to a fatal case of "lead poisoning". Smells can be weird I guess.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-05-2004, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

I try to not p around my spot .But this year i had about 1 1/2 hour of day light left and couldn't hold it any more so i let out a small river.about 35 min later i got my 4 pointer but i was down wind and up on a bluff over looking him about 20 feet or so off ground .i'm going to try and get some of though spare bladers
Old 12-05-2004, 12:00 PM

were i hunt pee is like a bait i do it as much as possible, 3 times i took a pee and like 30-45 minutes later a buck walked up.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Just do it, I try to go away from where im hunting if i gotta pee, but if it cant wait i ler er fly.
I remember an old Nugent video where he joked about drinking nothing but apple juice for weeks before the season and then peeing out of your stand. Then all the deer will smell apples and come running and while they are licking up your pee you whack em. It was kinda funny when i saw it.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:15 PM

i think it makes em curious, have never had one take a whiff and fall over from it so it must be alright[8D]
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

A No No.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:29 PM

The neighbor has stands right on my property line, so I usually try to pee under his stands if he is not there.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Human pee is not a scent deer smell all that often. I pee right out of my tree and I have had deer under my tree sniffing my pee more then once! Any pee can make a deer curious! I have read that human pee will have little if any effect on deer!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

What about crap?
I got to my stand last monday morning and had a horrible cramp. Couldn't hold it. It was still dark. I made it as far as I could away from my stand... about 13 yards and had to take care of business... I walked back to my stand and it was just breaking light. About 2 minutes later I had a doe come right in about 10 yards from the "pile". She didn't seem nervous at all. About an hour later I shot a nice 4 pointer 2 feet from it!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

My old man shot the biggest deer of his life right after taking a crap! He was smoking a cigarette at the time also! Doing everything wrong and up walks this giant 10 point and just stares at my old man. Go figure!

Quick Reply: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.