Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question, What are your thoughts of  peeing around your deer stands, while hunting >

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Old 12-04-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

What dou you think of peeing around your deer stands, just curious?
Old 12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

I try and avoid it. Human scent can't be helpful. I bring a jar.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

GOTTA SHOW`EM WHO`S BOSS!!
Old 12-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i can wait till i get out of the woods i do, if not i drain it! no sense in suffering
Old 12-04-2004, 09:07 PM

i take a 20 oz bottle in the stand with me so if i have to, i can
Old 12-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read several places that deer are not bothered by human pee.
I have peed in a deer scrape and put a trail cam. over it and caught the buck riping up the area several hours later.
I don't worry about it .
Old 12-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I once had forgotten mypee-bottle and had to go real bad. I let go down the trunk of my treee stand b/c I was worried about the noise...I coulldn't hold it any longer and decided that if I had to mess up the area with scent at least I didn't have to scare everything away with the noise right then, so down the tree I peed....as silently as I could.
Anyway, within 5 minutes I had a 6 point under the tree sniffing and licking the tree. I don't carry a bottle anymore.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I read that biologically and scientifically, it is no big deal to a deer. Your human sweat and body odor are the main issues that you have to contend with.

I remember a few weeks ago, I had a waaaay too much morning coffee and forgot to pee in the parking lot by my truck. I had my bow, my Summit Viper, etc... and hiked all the way in to my favorite tree, when nature called. {saying to myself: Oh you stupid dumba$$ - why didn't you pee before?} So, I just let it fly at the base of a nearby tree, but then covered it up with a spray bottle of raccoon pee to play it safe.

Butch A.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually try to do a mini fast before hunting , no food or liquid before I go to the woods. That way if I have to go , I can usually hold it.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:59 AM

I found that it is one more piece of ammo/lure when hunting. When ground hunting, I save it for any nearby scrapes. When you wet down a scrape, they will tear it up, trying to eliminate the scent of what they consider competion. If a scrape has not been worked lately, it will sometimes get them to start working it again. If I make a mock scrapes, it usually gets their attention and they start taking it over. Just another tool in the timber.

Russ

Quick Reply: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.