Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Decent day in Iowa

Old 12-04-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Decent day in Iowa

First day of iowa shotgun season, and i didn't get anything. oh well, theres always tommorrow. my uncles buddy scored on a 9 point and a10 point, probably 120 and 130 class, respectively. nice bucks. 3 1/2 years old. He got them with his new Tar Hunt DSG Rem. 870 custom slug gun..gosh i dont even know how to describe that machine...Zeiss Conquest 3-9X scope..i think its a little much, but then again, nothin's ever over the top. i saw does, and small bucks, but nothing worth shooting yet. hopefully gonna score tommorrow.

Weird story: We were goign to get the ATV's to go up to get the two bucks and we saw some guys coming out of the woods. They came over to the truck, and it was a father and son from two farms over. they said the kid wounded a doe in teh leg, and they tracked it across the neighbors and into ours. he gave us his number in case we found it. he went on his way after that. well, we found it. it was bedded down not 50 yards from where they were looking. My uncle's buddy decided it was time to test out his new S&W 500. he shot the deer at 50 yards and killed it. we left it there and went to call the guy's house to let him know we found the deer. he was supposed to pick it up tonite, adn we drug it out to the field where he can find it easily, but he probably wont. if its still there tommorrow morning, and it will keeps, as its cold out, im gonna gut it out and tag it.

this sound like the right thing to do?

slayer
Old 12-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Decent day in Iowa

I use to hunt Iowa,I did not know you could shoot 2 bucks
Old 12-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe your allowed 1 deer per license? I could be wrong. I sure would like to hunt Iowa someday! Good luck!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

party hunting..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:15 PM

you can have somebody else tag the deer according to the state game laws..this is the third year in a row somebody has shot two bucks off one drive..pretty cool

slayer