Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need suggestions

Old 12-03-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Need suggestions

Hello everyone,
I recently got permission to hunt on posted land behind my house. I have no idea who hunts on the land and where they hunt on the land. I was hunting yesterday and had 2 people walk up on me. Should i still hunt there or should i wait and do some scouting. Ive seen a 6 point 2 does and a 10 point all in the field by the woods. What would you do in this situation?

Tim
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need suggestions

You mentioned that you received permission to hunt on the land, I would ask the landowner who is allowed on there with you. If he/she did give permission to others, I would try and make contact with them and find out where they usually hunt or where they plan on hunting on their next outing. If they don't know, have your spot/spots in mind so they'll know where you are. If nobody else has permission, let the landowner know this as well and find out what he wants you to do if you encounter them (call him, take down license plate #, talk with them, ect).
Old 12-03-2004, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Need suggestions

Wow.....such a simple response but yet exactly what i needed lol. Thanks. I have run in to 3 other people so far. 2 of the guys kids and one other person. So ill do that. Thanks again.

Tim