Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New to the board...

Old 11-21-2004, 01:22 PM

Default New to the board...

Hey yall...I'm new to hunting.net....this time that is. I have had several other names on here an always lost the dagum pw an login name. I live in Tennessee tha middle part rite at the edge of Dale Hollow Lake if any of you are familiar with it. We got i think close to 450 acres next to tha lake its all farm land with lots of small woodlots broken up across the pastures...few ponds...an 3 creeks...some pretty good hunting if the road hunters would quit blastn as soon as they see 3 inch horns i swear...just thought id fill ya in about myself a bit....o yea im 18 an started huntin at age 10...i think that sums it up....i think this time ill keep my name fora while to come....so wish me luck guys
Old 11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New to the board...

welcome blueeyedhuck, sounds like you in a good area for hunting and smallmouth fishin, yea road hunters suck[:@], i think we should be able to shoot back[:-]
Old 11-21-2004, 01:53 PM

haha my thoughts exactly m.t. ya know they may kill bucks from the road but i have no idea how they can sleep at night thinking they are a great master whitetail hunter lol the game wardens never come in this area despite all the road activity. my dad was set up watching a field earlierthis season during a m/l hunt and watched a good buck busting thru a field after a doe and a road hunter lucked up an shot the deer as it stopped before dad had a bead on it as the does contintued to run under my stand where i had setup just inside the woods. that sucked royally man knowing that if dad didnt get a shot because of the distance that the good buck woulda followed the does rite to me. i found out who it was an it was a 137 pound 8 point. needless to say...they got one heck of an earful from ol' huck
Old 11-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome I'm a old crazy hippie
Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey blue,
It sound like that perhaps you or your dad should call the game warden (if you feel confident about your own law abiding-ness--maybe just say that it would b a good place for him (warden) to patrol once in a while. Chances are if they(road hunter) just see him there they might move to a different road. good luck
HB

Cardeer--old,crazy, hippie? In that order?