Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

buck huntin gurl...

Old 11-21-2004, 12:33 PM

Default buck huntin gurl...

hey...as u know they already had a post lookin for chicks who hunt....well since i havent the problem of findin one...i figured id help out the others who dream of a dating segment on thsi website. One man asked to fill in qualities looked for....so unless ya have a pic to put on here....tell us bout urself an where bouts ya live.....an for u stalker freaks stay tha he** off this post. Just sumthin to chit chat bout....thought u mite be intrested in letting a few know what ur like...an exactly what it is that u like to hunt and how ya hunt it. 'preciate it.
blueeyedhuck
Old 11-21-2004, 01:10 PM

Default RE: buck huntin gurl...

Well, I am 24 year old divorced mother of two, a 3 year old little boy and 5 year old little girl. I am happily involved with and live with my boyfriend of over 1 1/2 years and he is the one who got me into hunting. I currently only hunt Whitetails, however, we would both love to go on a bear hunt as well as an elk hunt when we get the money to do so.

I also plan on hunting turkeys when I get the chance, but we don't really have many of those in Northeastern Indiana. Shane's family is from Michigan and they have tons of turkeys to go around, so one of these days I will get around to it.

As for myself, this is my second year hunting, and it was my first year of bowhunting. I got my first deer last year, a buck with missing antlers! He had one browtine, the rest had apparently broken off in velvet, but his body mass was huge! I also shot a doe with my bow this year, but unfortunate things happen, and we were unable to find her after 2 hours of tracking. Opening morning here in Indiana, I took my 7 pointer at about 10 am exaclty. Last year's deer was taken with a Remington 870 Combo Express Magnum, this years deer was taken with a .50 caliber muzzleloader purchased from Cabelas.

As for other interests, I also am an avid softball player, a shortstop, and a golfer.

I don't know if that answered all of your questions, sorry I didn't respond right away, but I was a little weirded out by your original post! lol
Old 11-21-2004, 01:11 PM

alright guys....i didnt mean to make it sound like i was signing her up for tha deer huntn' datin' serive ok....? lol sry bout that huntn gurl. Although im sure many of u are sittin there wtih ur fingers crossed just watching the screen waitin for a reply from her. lol thats just not her....although she said she doesnt mind filling u in on what she hunts and how she does it and even Why....so be looking for her reply on that.
Huck
Old 11-21-2004, 01:18 PM

Oh, and if you go to the Midwest board, I have pictures posted there with the 7 pointer I shot last Saturday. But... I suppose I could post the pic again here...

As is in my profile, I am from northeastern Indiana, I hunt in Noble County on private land. I have 4 stands that I share with my boyfriend, he was in the buddy stand with me when I shot my 7 pointer last week, as was I with him when he shot his doe.

I never understood his obsession with it until I actually tried it, but it's something you just can't get enough of, and it's something that you look forward to every day!

Old 11-21-2004, 01:28 PM

great deer....to get a deer like that here is great success with all the road hunting and driveable access to our farm...everyone is too lazy to get out the truck...i guess they like the controlled climate it offers. LOL do ya mind telling us tha gun/bullet combo ya used and what the setup was where u had the buddystand located to kill a deer...and we all love a good story if ya dont mind typing it.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:44 PM

CVA Hunterbolt, .45 caliber, 195 grain Powerbelts, 100 grains of powder... I just bought the gun from Cabelas 3 weeks ago and we ended up having to go to a funeral on the Thursday and Friday before opening day (Saturday), so I didn't get much time to sight it in at the gun club. My boyfriend was also using my gun (he calls it my gun, I call it OUR gun... lol), so he took it and got the scope set up and took some shots, but of course I couldn't go out there cold turkey obviously, so I had to find a 1/2 hour window before we left for the funeral to shoot the dang thing. I took about 8 shots, my first two were right on the money, but the rest of them were out of whack, but I had other things on my mind, like my kids sitting in the car turning every switch they could... lol... so I wasn't focused.

I was a wee bit concerned about going out on opening morning because I was unsure of the accuracy of my shot with this gun, but I went anyway. We got to our stand at 6:30, couldn't shoot until 6:54. Saw a spikehorn about 160 yards or so out, but waaaay out of range. Heard the neighboring hunter (about 700 yds or so out) take a shot about 7:30, followed by two more shots... don't know if he missed or what, but he got down and tracked for about an hour and a half or so, then climbed back into his stand. About 30 min. later his buddy came out to his stand and met yet another buddy from another stand. They walked around for a while, meanwhile, there was a monster buck we saw duck into the heavy weeds, didn't see him again for about 20 min. and he decided to poke out from the corner of the woods, about 120 yds. out. Obviously there was no shot for me at that range and with trees in the way.

We have the buddy stand set up on one side of a ditch, on the edge of the woods, across the ditch, only about 10 yds from the stand is a set aside field with tall weeds. There are well worn paths along the ditchline and tons of deer beds in those weeds, it is full of deer, we thought that monster was going to mosey along the ditchline to us, but he ducked back into the woods not to be seen again. We usually get out of our stand around 9, but we decided to stay at least until 11 or so since those other guys were trapsing around kicking things up... glad we did, about 10am or so, my buck started walking down the ditchline, I took him at about 40 yards, he ran about the same before he fell. We thought he was a 4 point from the angle we saw him, but after we got to him we saw he had two brow tines and another little point. I had a perfect shot, right behind the shoulder, just made mush out of his lungs... I wasn't sure I had hit him, but then he turned broadside and I saw the entry hole... just then he turned and a stream of blood about 18" flew out, I knew I hit him good then.

It was awesome, and when I went back with Shane that night, every time I looked down the ditchline I could see him walking...
Old 11-21-2004, 02:09 PM

haha great!! thats an amazing story. love the details lol I took a good length spike during bow season, i dont know if u have a bow kill or not but if its ur first one its like the first deer u ever shot as far as excitement and adrenaline go. i was set up inside the edge of a bean field...the strip of woods i was in had bean fields on both sides of it making it a bottleneck inbetween them. It was a great set up where i had seen a 150 class 9 point during bow season but it was bout 140 yards off and all i could do was watch. He had a 6 point and a 5 point wtih him fighting durin that time every time they walked past each other. And during muzzleloading season i took two button bucks....talk about bad luck. every time i go to shoot a doe to help out our poor doe to buck ratio i shoot a lil button and it pisses me off so bad lemme tell ya. but at like 150 yards whcih each shot was....its hard to see buttons even wtih good optics.
My setup is a thompson center .45 cal xtended range...its got a synthetic stock wtih stainless barrel. i gotta simmons 3-10x40mm scope to top it off. and i shoot 180 grain powerbelt bullet with 150 grains of pyrodex pellets. it shoots very well even at 200 it drops very little with that setup so im gonna stick with it. Let me know after u shoot some more bout how impressed u are with the Powerbelt bullets...and they really are the easiest to load and to push down bullet ever made mine seats itsself by just pushing the ramrod...no bulletstarted is needed.
I have 6 treestands....all are place in relatively good hotspots according to the property i hunt. the best of which is in a funnel connecting to larger patches of woods with a creek running right thru the small strip funnel. it is very thick in there an loaded with scrapes and rubs....particularly done at night or else id see em...i hardly see any deer travel thru there during the most part of the season but when i do its generally a good buck.
Another good setup i have is in a small holler that dips down in the woodlot at the edge of a field that the landowner has left grew up for the first time ever an theres another field left to do the same on the other side of the woods they come out ofthe fields after daylight and feed down past me and up on the hill in the thicket to bed. i have 100% success of seeing deer in that stand. its hard to say that about a setup so im gonna set up on that here in a few minutes and watch the does hoping that after this rain front that pushed thru this weekend will have the deer up and moving. The deer here are in the chase phase so hopefully if i watch the does...then i will eventually spot the monster i seen before season.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

lookin for chicks who hunt
Now that's asking for trouble right there! [:-]
Old 11-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

lookin for chicks who hunt

Now that's asking for trouble right there!

LOL...farm... isnt that the truth.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:59 PM

Yea, don't make me mad, I've got a gun... and a bow... and I know how to use them!

Seriously, I would LOVE to take a lady friend out into the woods and show her the ropes, my boyfriends sister just got a gun this year and I'd like to be the one to see her shoot her first deer, but I think her husband might want that honor.

When I worked, I was talking to a girl at work about hunting, she didn't say much, but I THOUGHT she seemed interested, so I asked her if her BF hunted and she said "NO! and if he did, I would give HIM the axe!" I was like... okay... nevermind. I was going to ask her if she wanted to hunt with me this year... but no such luck. Then I got this long sob story about how she can't stand people shooting such beautiful animals, and then I kindly reminded her how the cow slaughtering process works.

Quick Reply: buck huntin gurl...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.