HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - buck huntin gurl...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: buck huntin gurl...

Well, I am 24 year old divorced mother of two, a 3 year old little boy and 5 year old little girl. I am happily involved with and live with my boyfriend of over 1 1/2 years and he is the one who got me into hunting. I currently only hunt Whitetails, however, we would both love to go on a bear hunt as well as an elk hunt when we get the money to do so.

I also plan on hunting turkeys when I get the chance, but we don't really have many of those in Northeastern Indiana. Shane's family is from Michigan and they have tons of turkeys to go around, so one of these days I will get around to it.

As for myself, this is my second year hunting, and it was my first year of bowhunting. I got my first deer last year, a buck with missing antlers! He had one browtine, the rest had apparently broken off in velvet, but his body mass was huge! I also shot a doe with my bow this year, but unfortunate things happen, and we were unable to find her after 2 hours of tracking. Opening morning here in Indiana, I took my 7 pointer at about 10 am exaclty. Last year's deer was taken with a Remington 870 Combo Express Magnum, this years deer was taken with a .50 caliber muzzleloader purchased from Cabelas.

As for other interests, I also am an avid softball player, a shortstop, and a golfer.

I don't know if that answered all of your questions, sorry I didn't respond right away, but I was a little weirded out by your original post! lol