Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts >

wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:36 AM

Default wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

I think it wood be cool ass heck b/c my gril hates that i hunt
Old 11-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

i think it could be good and bad. Overall I wouldn't want my girlfriend always hunting with me because it's nice to be able to get away from her a little, but at least she would understand your passion for it and appreciate it the way you do. Having a girlfriend that hunts with you would also give you something else to do in the woods if the action is slow too.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

My girlfriend has a friend who hunts...she happens to be REALLY HOT!!!! Anyway, I try to get my G.F to do it, but she doesn't to. I always say....Tiffany hunts with her B.F, but that doesn't seem to matter at all to her. She grew up around it, so she's not against it and she loves to eat jerky and steaks. Carmen comes out with me. I've set up stands for her and actually had her use my climber before. The climber was a fun day. I had a lock on in a tree and she climbed a tree that was almost next to me. I wanted her in the climber because it's safer. Anyway, she had a blast because a doe and her two fawns came right into us. They played under us. They had no clue I could have smacked any of em! Since then, she loves coming out with me. There is a give and take. It's fun that she enjoys being outside with me and being part of what I love and am pationate for. However....alone time can be tough and helping her carry stuff is a pain as well. Overall, I deffiantely think it's possitive.

jay
Old 11-17-2004, 11:48 AM

Hmm it would prolly turn out pretty bad if my gf told me she would like to go hunting with me, but only because I would fall over dead if she ever took any interest at all in the outdoors, I would absolutely love to spend any time w/ her at all outdoors but it just won't ever happen with her, just not one of those girls I guess. =(
Old 11-17-2004, 12:53 PM

Bad deal. I hunt for either solitude or for companionship with buddies. Once you bring a wife or girlfriend, you have lost both. Now you cannot leave without her.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Spike

My wife enjoys hunting w/me and I enjoy having her. I hunt to be outdoors, for the food and excitement. The funnest hunts are always with her. Sometimes some buddies want to go hunting and she's all for it and I go and have a good time. She knows that she spends times with her friends and it's refreshing for her so why would it not be refreshing for me is her thought.

Overall I wouldn't have it any other way (no she's not a member on this board). I'm looking forward to when our two daughters will begin to hunt, but being at 3 and 5 it's a bit away.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:49 PM

NO NO NO NO!!! I gave up golf because of that!
Old 11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy's wife hunts. It's great for us (the other hunters) because he's willing to do man drives in an attempt to push deer her way. She does fine hunting and isn't a pain at all. My wife went turkey hunting with me once and was not overwhelmed with it. She'd rather be baking something for me when I get back. The only downside I see is that once kids come along and someone has to stay home with them, she may resent being the one left behind if she really loves hunting. That and you may have to drag out two deer.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man it seems like some of you guys dont Like girls,When I was young anything I did I sure did not mind if a hottie wanted to share the time. Something wrong here
Old 11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Only in moderation. I had a girlfriend once who hated how much I hunted. We would constantly fight about it. Eventually I convinced her to go with me and to my surprise she loved it. So much that she wanted to go on every hunt. I enjoyed having her there with me sometimes but that was about the only time I got to go and just be a "guy" with the guys. When she was around I had to watch my manners and of course I had to make sure I was paying her the attention she needed while there. Since then every woman I've been with has not been a hunter at all and that suits me just fine. I wouldn't mind if she went once in a while but if it's a choice between all or nothing, I would choose nothing everytime.

Quick Reply: wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.