Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts >

wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

Old 11-21-2004, 10:02 PM

Default RE: wut do yall think of having a girlfriend that hunts

ORIGINAL: Cloudwalker

Man I'd love to have a girl-friend that hunted, but it would probably piss my wife off
LMAO now thats funny.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:59 AM

My G.F. very much enjoys hunting with me. She doesn't go with me often as our work schedules conflict horribly, so I don't really know if I would share the same "that's my 'guy time' in the woods" sentiment if she was able to go with me all the time.

But, after reading all the posts on this topic, I came to the understanding that I have two stances on the subject.

1. I don't have many friends that I communicate with on a regular basis save one-and he has known me since 6th grade. Unfortunately he doesn't hunt, he loves archery and competes, but doesn't hunt. I have been trying to get him in the woods and I think I have just about gotten him broken down (my best tenderloin recipe helped I think) but he is being stubborn. My father quit hunting more than 10 yrs ago because he said he couldn't find anymore quail around the area (upland hunter only). So that leaves the misses. I enjoy hunting alone but sometimes feel a void if I am not sharing it with someone. She hasn't complained about the early mornings or the cold, yet, and the only nagging I hear is that she hasn't had a decent buck come out for her yet! All in all, she is essentially my "hunting buddy" that wears a dress every now and then.

2. This one I didn't think of until I read the many replies-a lot of ya'll talk about how you want a companion that is ok with hunting but doesn't want to go much. Over the last decade (maybe more, maybe less), I think we may have learned how much the opinion of society can matter to us. What better way to improve upon that than with the female populous. If you have a positive influence on your wife/g.f., wouldn't she be one more person to help improve the opinions of the ignorant out there, even if they are just a few of her "girlfriends"? I guess I'm just saying that in this day and age, when every sportsmen friendly opinion/vote is needed, wouldn't it help to have that many more, especially women. A large majority of our children's teachers are women, alot of anti-hunting sentiment seems to be starting in schools nowadays, I think a larger, hunter friendly female society could do noting but help us in the long run. EVEN if it means taking HER with you on occasion!!!

Sorry to ramble, just reflecting I guess...
Old 11-22-2004, 09:12 AM

totally OT here, but I have to share this...

My daughter is in Kindy and when she got her first couple homework assignments, she was told to cut ads out of mags that were in certain shapes... almost every ad she took was from our hunting mags, and she even took in some pictures of dead deer. She got a + on it (kindy grades, + and - signs).

Awareness is a good thing, even for kindergartners!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I think having a GF who hunts might just get me killed if my wife finds out ...