Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Preparing for Vermont Opener

Old 11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Preparing for Vermont Opener

Anyone hunt Vermont on here? I will be on the opener starting 11/14 and have a few good spots picked out. Then I get to follow that up with the PA opener on 11/29 on Huntington County.......can't wait!!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:22 PM

Default RE: Preparing for Vermont Opener

Hey Rick,

I'm gald to see you back posting after the move. I hope all went well and Hey, How about those RED SOX!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go Sox!!!!!!!

Yup, I am back now and all settled into the new place in Clifton Park, NY. Can't wait to get into the woods next weekend, this weekend will be sighting in the .270, and moving a few stands around from there spots in bow season. I have one spot in particular that looks to be very promising.....can't wait!! That doe from earlier this year is delicious too..lol. Now I have a new chest freezer that needs filling. I have one muzzleloader and one rifle tag for VT left (both buck), and 2 doe tags and one buck tag for PA. Hopefully that new freezer will be full soon!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:42 PM

Good luck on the freezer filling. I can honestly say that I've never had too much venison
Old 11-05-2004, 08:01 PM

Hey Rick,

Doesn't rifle season in Vermont start on Saturday the 13th? It looks to be as cold this year as last year too.

Last year I got my first buck (187lbs 7pt) and it was delicious. My freezer is begging to be filled again.

Good luck and post pics.